Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value-driven fast-paced fintech company and we are committed to develop the banking technology of tomorrow.
Leading banks and wealth managers in all major financial centres rely on our software and services, and this unique community grows every day.
Avaloq Sourcing Switzerland Lichtenstein AG (ASSL) is a leading independent provider of Business Process and IT Outsourcing for banks and the financial industry in Switzerland. In addition to securities and payments processing the offering includes complete banking solutions. ASSL AG is a part of the Avaloq group, a leading international fintech company.
As Risk Officer for ASSL, you are responsible for all risk aspects of Banking Operations, Application Management and Infrastructure Services sourced by ASSL. One of the key responsibilities in your role is the development, roll-out and execution of the risk framework across all ASSL functions. As a part of Group Risk team, you work in close collaboration with the other team members, local functions, business heads, ASSL CEO and operations team members.
- Define and execute the Risk and Controls Framework for ASSL in close alignment with Group Risk including risk inventory, operational incident/events, risk appetite, key risk indicators, risk control assessments
- Risk Awareness such as training and guidelines for the management of risks, as well as monitoring and maintaining the Frameworks, including documentation, performance assessment and respective metrics and key risk indicators
- Perform continuous risk identification, analysis/evaluation, and recommendation of best practice risk mitigation measures
- Support process owners in defining, implementing and improving their processes
- Investigate, document and report operational losses, near misses, other risk incidents/events and define action plans with line managers to reduce or mitigate corresponding risks
- Drive and monitor the correct and timely implementation of the mitigation measures
- Implement and execute risk and controls assessment framework for key business processes in close collaboration with the first line of defence. Furthermore, monitor the control testing to ensure compliance with agreed controls
- Define key risk indicators to measure the main drivers of exposure associated with key risk and manage the reporting to key stakeholders
- Responsible to coordinate and schedule regular local risk committee meetings and contribute ASSL part for the group risk committee
- Represent risk and support various projects, initiatives and working groups
- Coordinate internal and third-party audits and reviews, as well as other ad-hoc tasks
What you need
- University degree in Finance, Banking, Business Administration or equivalent
- A professional risk certification such as Institute of Risk Management (IRM) or a risk management post graduate diploma (e.g. MAS in Risk Management)
- 10 years’ experience as a risk manager with expertise in areas such as operational risk, enterprise risk, business risk, internal controls. Proven track record in independently managing a risk area with minimum supervision
- Technical know-how in banking operations (banking processes, process mapping, and quality control), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), IT as well as change / run processes and operational risk
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and Italian is a must
You will get extra points for the following
- Know-how in service management or/and project management
- Fluency in German
Now let’s talk about perks and compensation
With our compensation model, we want to share the success of the company with all our employees. We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove yourself as a super-star, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward.
Place of work
Bioggio (Ticino) or Zurich
Don’t be shy – apply!
If we piqued your interest, please send us your significant application with your salary expectations and your possible entry date.
Avaloq Evolution AG
Kristin Stengel, Talent Acquisition Professional
Allmendstrasse 140 - 8027 Zürich - Switzerland
Please only apply online.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.