Senior Compliance Expert Information Management 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 17 Aug 18
As a Senior Compliance Expert your main responsibilities will involve:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining global compliance frameworks focusing on topics within Zurich's Compliance Risk Universe (in particular data protection & privacy and records retention)
- Supporting the oversight and assurance process with respect to data protection & privacy and records retention
- Leading and/or participating in initiatives and projects related to data protection & privacy and records retention
- Providing expert Compliance advice related to compliance standards, specific business propositions and/or transactions to stakeholders within and outside Group Compliance
- Cooperate and coordinate with first line functions and other assurance functions the overall efficiency and effectiveness of controls and processes in the areas of data protection & privacy and records retention.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Compliance Expert your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the areas of data protection & privacy and records retention, ideally combined with sound knowledge of the insurance industry
- Experience in developing strategies, introducing and managing change, effectively and efficiently implementing large cross-functional projects
- Strong background in relevant laws & regulations as well as industry standards (related to data protection & privacy and records retention)
- Strong analytical skills, with economics/finance/business administration/law background, preferably with a Master's degree in one of these fields
- Ability to deliver effective management information and reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, in particular credibility and capability to work closely with senior management
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience working with compliance support tools and instruments
- Good command of MS Windows and MS Excel
- Knowledge of software applications, such as MS PowerPoint, MS Access and MS Project
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.