Senior Data Scientist (f/m) Innovation & Digital Center Switzerland in Zurich
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies all over the world. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on ourEY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies all over the world. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers
The rapidly growing Innovation & Digital Center Switzerland is currently seeking the right candidate for an excellent career opportunity in the Data Scientist team.
The team is a global group of technical consultants that runs the full life cycle of data management from the early stages of data scoping and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. The nature of our work typically requires working with large datasets from disparate data sources to support process analytics and mining, fraud investigations and disputes for our clients covering a range of industries. This is achieved by combining deep business process knowledge with analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, social network analysis, statistics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and predictive modelling.
Tasks that you promote
- Meeting with a prospective client to understand their business problems
- Analyzing massive data sets
- Coaching young motivated team member to reach their potential
- Building a project prototype
- Leading teams and reviewing work packages of junior professionals (quality control)
- Creatively extracting data from various client systems
- Preparing dashboards or data visualizations
- Firsthand experience in data analysis and manipulation with any of the following software: SQL Server, SAS, IBM SPSS, Hadoop
- Experience in utilizing and deploying ETL software (e.g. SSIS, CloverETL, Talend, SAP Data Services)
- Excellent relational SQL database skills (Open SQL, PL-SQL or T-SQL)
- Demonstrate understanding in at least one programming language such as R, Python, Java, C++ or C#
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire
Your profile to succeed together
- Data analysis skills with strengths in drilling into underlying databases for discovery and identifying opportunities and trends and translating these into understandable and meaningful business outputs
- Show ability to translate findings into clear insights and then communicate verbally and through compelling written documents
- Have strong critical thinking skills, demonstrating the ability to see the "big picture" while also diving into the details where necessary
- Degree/Diploma in Information Engineering, Computer Science or other related field
- 4-6 years of work experience in a similar field
More opportunities for your development
Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive teamwork, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world’s leading professional services firms.
Doreen Schwarz is looking forward to receiving your application
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref No: ZUR00147. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Recruitment.email@example.com / +41 58 286 33 66).
Only direct applications are considered.