Senior Media Relations Specialist Global Wealth Management
Can you cut through the noise? Do you have the passion to change perceptions? Can you help others develop and grow? We are looking for someone like that who can:
- protect and enhance the reputation of UBS in the media
- support the growth of UBS's Global Wealth Management (GWM) business by promoting our expertise, products and services and thought leadership
- provide strategic advice and support to GWM spokespeople, incl. Co-president of GWM
- create and execute a global media strategy and plan for Co-President of GWM with particular focus on EMEA, APAC and Swiss markets.
- manage (directly and indirectly), coach and inspire a team of media relations colleagues around the globe
- execute a strategic external communications plan for UBS's GWM division focused on thought leadership and capabilities (products and services)
- identify and secure opportunities to place GWM spokespeople and content positively in the media and social media
- maintain relationships with traditional media and social media influencers
The Global Wealth Management Communications (GWM) team is responsible for traditional media, social media and internal communications for the GWM business division globally. We advise Global Wealth Management executives and drive impactful communications that protect and enhance the UBS brand, support sales, and inform and engage employees. Our activities cover a broad range of strategic and tactical global communications activities from high-level advisory and planning, through to the organization of events and campaigns.
You will lead the GWM media relations team in Switzerland and EMEA and be responsible for coordinating the promotion of GWM thought leadership and capabilities (products and services) globally.
Your experience and skills:
- 10+ years of relevant and proven experience within the financial services industry
- 5+ years' experience managing and motivating a team
- excellent understanding of how financial media works (journalist background significant advantage)
- experience working with senior executives
- international experience
- a strong interest and understanding of the wealth management business
- strong relationships with a broad network of relevant journalists
- someone with proven leadership skills who can motivate and manage others
- a team player - inspirational and able to help colleagues achieve and then exceed their potential
- experienced in advising and supporting senior leaders, up to and including CEO level
- fluent in English and German
- comfortable and experienced working across borders with colleagues around the world in all time-zones
- self-motivated and pro-active with fresh ideas and a hands-on attitude
- able to hit the ground running and have real impact
- someone who can be relied upon and trusted completely
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.