Senior Software Engineer
Schroders, with headquarters in London, employs over 5500 talented people worldwide, operating in 37 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients. Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders in Switzerland is a renowned Financial Institution with around 500 employees located in Zurich and Geneva. For our private clients we provide tailor made investment solutions and complementary financial services. On behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, we invest in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. We also specialize in providing high-quality private equity solutions to our clients.
For our Wealth IT team in Zurich we are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Software Engineer About the job
The Wealth business is recognised as an important part of the Schroders Group and as such is receiving strong investment in IT to support the ambitious growth targets of Schroders Wealth.
Our IT platform is built largely on commercial off-the-shelf software, centred on Temenos' banking platform, complemented by internally developed software where it delivers significant competitive advantage. Our development technology stack is polyglot, primarily Java, but with an increasing focus on adoption of the Azure platform and .NET
As a senior software engineer on the team, you will deliver features that support our strategy across the technologies and applications we are using. You will initially work on the client web portal, our mobile apps, client onboarding, MI reporting and 3rd party data feeds. Job specification
- Work with engineers, product managers and other stakeholders to deliver useful features
- Lead development and build tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software
- Contribute to the analysis and testing of working software
- Ensure user stories are delivered and agreed objectives are met
- Contribute to agile ceremonies like planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
- Ensure continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Engineer or Master Degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering).
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably within the banking industry
- Experienced in using the Java and Microsoft stack, familiar with front end technologies. You will primarily be working with:
- Oracle, MS SQL, SSRS / Power BI
- Tomcat, JBoss and other web servers
- Spring Boot, REST APIs
- Maven, Gradle, Git, Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Tenemos Transact or other core banking packages is a big plus
- Familiar with Agile delivery methodologies (SAFe)
- Good understanding of the business context (Wealth Management, Financial Services)
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal, German a big plus
- Fast learner and eager to take on new challenges
- Motivated, reliable, flexible and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Professional, client and team oriented with a positive work ethic
We offer an appealing job, a diverse and supportive working environment as well as modern employment conditions in an international, dynamic and entrepreneurial business. If you like making an impact within a highly motivated team as well as working from home, then apply online with your complete application. The office at Westpark is located only 10 minutes from Zurich Hardbrücke station.
Schroder & Co Bank AG
Pfingstweidstrasse 60, CH-8031 Zürich, Schweiz
Tel: +41 (0)44 250 11 11