Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Platform Technology team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. The Swiss Platform Technology team provides service and support for a local desktop cloud solution, remote connectivity platform and servers supporting both infrastructure and business applications. This is an Associate level position based in the Platform Technology team in Zurich, working with the broader local technology team comprised of application developers and technology risk professionals. The Swiss Technology team work with global product engineers across the Firm to ensure new products are integrated into the Swiss infrastructure with consistency and quality.
About our client
Our client is a multinational investment bank. On behalf of our client, Swisslinx is currently looking for a System Specialist. This is a permanent opportunity based in central Zurich.
- Operate our systems management, patch and configuration tools to ensure platform security and consistency
- Develop processes to streamline and automate existing tasks, reduce team workload, and improve support to internal clients
- Analyze and resolve cases escalated by end users and 1st level support teams
- Strong team player working collaboratively in a global team with knowledge sharing and team work at its centre
- Awareness of, and preferably practical experience of the Swiss Banking Data Privacy/Secrecy laws
- Engage with application development and business teams to provide end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
- Providing technical support in complex environments and interacting with non-technical and technical users
- Expected to build an understanding of the technology systems and flows that underpin the businesses in the Swiss Bank
- 5-6 years technology experience, preferably in financial services, although candidates from different industries will also be considered.
- Experience working with storage systems and relevant products (E.g. DELL / EMC VMAX, Netapp)
- Relevant working experience of provisioning storage based on standardized procedures
- Performing necessary storage infrastructure administration tasks in accordance with DELL / EMC and management policies
- Windows administration and troubleshooting skills for Microsoft Windows desktop and server platforms (Windows10 / Windows 2012 / 2016) and preferably experience with Office365
- UNIX administration and troubleshooting skills on Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience with various enterprise products including Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SCOM, ESX, HyperV
- Experience with one or more programming and scripting languages: Power Shell, Perl, Python, .NET etc.
- Sound understanding of network technology, in particular network segmentation and use of firewalls
Nice to have
- Financial Services/Enterprise experience is preferred
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, and be able work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problems solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written)
What's on offer
- Work for an established international bank
- International and multi-cultural working environment
If you are a highly motivated, ambitious person, please apply via the job portal.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA