Technology Development Manager for Market Risk
Are you an enthusiastic technology professional? Are you excited about seeking an enriching career; working for one of finest financial institutions in world? If so, you are the right person for this role. We're seeking technology and domain leaders to join our development team within Market Risk IT. We are looking someone who can:
- Build, motivate and manage teams leveraging his/her expertise to mentor and lead developers; supporting them through the various software development life cycle stages.
- Provide the vision and leadership for design, development and implementation of high quality software solutions / components for the Market Risk platform.
- Facilitate smooth delivery of the projects ? manage the team and their deliverables. Take complete ownership of the delivery of the various software solutions / components worked upon by the team.
- Demonstrate superior collaboration skills in working closely with various stakeholders viz. other development, testing and implementation teams to roll-out important regulatory and business improvement programs.
This is a senior IT delivery lead role in the area of Market Risk. The role will be based in Zurich.
You will be part of the Global Market Risk IT team that is responsible for
- providing the systems needed by the Investment Bank, Wealth Management and Firmwide Risk to manage Market Risk exposure of its global Front Office functions.
- providing the systems that ensure Bank's compliance to various regulatory requirements.
Your experience and skills:
- At a minimum, have a Degree level qualification ideally in Computer Science / Engineering.
- Have 12+ years of experience; major part of which is in hands-on development using core Java and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Have excellent understanding of object oriented design, database design and development.
- Have strong knowledge and experience in technologies for distributed caching and computing employed within complex systems and architecture.
- Have significant IT Management experience in the area of Software Development; with an excellent track record of effective leadership.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work as part of a global team.
- Have a fairly good knowledge of Financial Services domain ? ideally in Market Risk area as added advantage.
- Have a fairly good knowledge of VaR and Stress Testing concepts in Risk area as an asset.
- A team player.
- A great communicator, with superior inter-personal and influencing skills.
- Someone with a flair for technology and is adept at leveraging the latest tools and technologies to increase team productivity and collaboration across dispersed teams.
- Someone who has a "can do" attitude.
- Someone who has an eye for Quality.
- Someone who is able to challenge the status quo.
- Someone with leadership and professionalism who consistently demonstrates a "role model" behavior.
- Able to engage with people across all levels and has excellent people management skills.
- Someone who can simultaneously work on multiple projects.
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.