Treasurer Asia Pacific 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 25 Feb 18
You will assume responsibility for all Group Treasury related activities relating to the Asia Pacific Region. In addition you will lead other Group Treasury projects outside the Region, where capacity allows.
As Treasurer Asia Pacific your main responsibilities will involve:
• Develop long-term relationships with key external and internal stakeholders (i.e. Regional and Country management teams, banks, regulators, consultancies).
• Identify opportunities and risks associated with changes in direction of external environment, looking forward over the next few years.
• Provide input to the Regional strategy in particular with regards to capital planning, liquidity generation and the return on capital generated by the underlying businesses
• Build a picture of the Asia Pacific balance sheets in terms of risk, ratings and regulatory capital requirements, liquidity, financial risk, leverage, return on capital and legal entity structure.
• Identify and seek to address key balance sheet issues such that risks are contained within Group tolerances, the business is adequately capitalized and cash remittance to the Corporate Center is maximized.
• Work closely with relevant regional Segment and Business Unit CFOs to identify and resolve all issues relating to Treasury and Capital management and to ensure that relevant information and issues are escalated both locally and at Group level.
Your Skills and Experience
As Treasurer Asia Pacific your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Masters degree in finance or CFA or other post-graduate finance qualification
• At least 5 years of insurance experience within finance and ability to analyze complex financial data
• Strong negotiation skills and sound solution orientation
• Corporate finance knowledge is required
• Prior project management experience is an asset
• Treasury knowledge and knowledge of regulatory regimes is a plus
• Solid knowledge of insurance accounting particularly of balance sheets is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Knowledge of the cultures and particularly working cultures of the Asia Pacific region is definitely a plus
• Ability to work independently, under pressure and conscious of deadlines is required
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.