ZCAM Project Director 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 17 Oct 18
Are you interested in working in an agile, challenging environment which combines the best of the start-up DNA and the experience and reach of a global corporation? Then help us build out and scale up a dedicated unit focused on driving customer insights to the front line.
Zurich Customer Active Mgmt (ZCAM) is a new company within Zurich: A highly entrepreneurial team of data scientists, AI technology, IT and insurance experts, which acts as a catalyst to bring data insights to our customers and distributors. We deliver "customer analytics" to Zurich's business units at an unprecedented time-to-market via cross-functional project teams. Our business model is entirely results focused.
Our philosophy: It's 30% about data & technology and 70% about adoption. Our solutions are relevant and convenient for our customers, distributors and internal users.
We operate out of Ljubljana, Slovenia; Zurich, Switzerland; and in our local BUs. We spend a lot of time on-site in the business units and with our customers and distributors in the field.
We have vacancies in both Switzerland and Italy.
As a Project Director for ZCAM your main responsibilities will involve:
- End-to-end responsibility for local ZCAM activities, from C-suite communication to roll-out in the field
- You will make the connection between our data science capability and real-world tangible impact and insight
- You will act as a thought partner with your analytics colleagues in the selection of techniques used for data modeling, as well as establish operating practices to ensure high quality and efficient extraction and transformation of data.
- You will run the local Steering Committee meetings, and act as a thought partner with the local management team
- You will directly work with agents and other distributors in the field to drive change in their day-to-day operations
- You will work closely with Zurich's Group Innovation team, in particular Business Development & New Ventures
- You will be integral to the growth and evolution of Zurich's data and customer analytics
Your Skills and Experience
As a Project Director for ZCAM your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Program management and comprehensive project delivery experience
- BU experience in a market facing role
- Strong affinity to data modelling concepts/ A.I
- Solid understanding of insurance
- Strong track record in execution and outcome orientation
- Adept at managing and building stakeholder relationships with internal and external business partners from C-suite to agents in the field
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong team player with ability to collaborate in networks
- Startup experience and/or experience with product/business model innovation in established industries would be beneficial
- Mobility / willingness to travel
- Fluent written and spoken English and German (or Italian if based in Italy)
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.