iShares Marketing Vice President
- Zurich, Switzerland Zurich Zurich CH
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Aug 18 2018-08-12
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
Global Marketing and Communications (GMC) is the central marketing and communications function of BlackRock. GMC is dedicated to providing powerful marketing and communications campaigns and solutions guided by business priorities for our Retail, Institutional and iShares businesses. GMC partners with Client Businesses, Investments, and Strategic Product Management to set and deliver relevant and impactful marketing strategies appropriate for each market and client base.
The marketing Manager for Switzerland is responsible for developing and implementing the marketing strategy for iShares. The individual will work closely with the Swiss iShares team, the EMEA marketing team and the Shared Services team to establish priorities and messaging to a diverse client base. This role will be responsible for planning and coordinating activities across the full range of marketing disciplines including advertising, direct marketing, digital, events, (media-) sponsorship and literature, whilst coordinating closely with the PR team in Zurich.
The role is based in Zurich, with a requirement to travel on a regular basis.
This individual is responsible for the planning and execution of marketing activities for the different client segments working closely together with the sales teams in Zurich and Geneva. The main focus is on the iShares brand and product offer and supporting head of marketing in defining and executing the local marketing strategy. This would include the following:
- Work closely and effectively with the pan-European marketing team, maintaining local agency relationships and liaison with key stakeholders within BlackRock’s iShares business (sales, product, compliance)
- Develop marketing objectives and strategy in line with the iShares local, EMEA and Global businesses objectives and goals
- Set, manage and report on the Switzerland iShares marketing budget.
- Develop and implement the marketing and communications programme to effectively target key segments, including the coordination and execution of activities across the full range of marketing disciplines - advertising, direct marketing, events, digital, (media-) sponsorship, literature and coordinating with the PR team
- Develop co-marketing programs with key clients, including websites, events, campaigns, PR, training etc.
- Adapt marketing campaigns and collateral developed by the central London marketing teams so they are relevant in the local market (including translation and local copy changes)
- Manage content proactively in local language of local websites in line with EMEA web strategy & messaging
- Assume responsibility for the quality of marketing executions for Switzerland
- Develop a full understanding of the Switzerland investment market to ensure successful positioning and marketing of iShares products
- Develop a deep knowledge of index products, pan European marketing strategies and distribution channels
- Interaction with senior stakeholders within the business, agency partners and compliance to manage projects from end-to-end
- Coordinate activities and ideas with marketing colleagues in Switzerland or on Pan-European level.
- Contribute to the wider Pan European marketing agenda and manage specific projects on a Pan-European basis
- Liaison with the two other business channels of Institutional and Retail, particularly in Marketing, media-coordination, sponsorships, events and CRM.
- Report on efficiency and effectiveness of the marketing program.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Degree in business studies, economics, communications or professional qualification
- Min. 5 years’ experience in marketing, preferably in the financial service industry (asset manager, bank) in Switzerland
- Product and investment knowledge, ideally in the ETF space
- Understanding of institutional and/or wealth and retail client segments
- Experience in various channels of the communication and marketing mix (above the line and below the line)
- Excellent spoken and written German (as a native language) and English language skills. French and Italian as an add-on would be helpful
- Experience in an international environment or a period of overseas would be a plus
- Good understanding of Swiss political and media environment
- Client-oriented perspective
- Creative and self-motivated
- Able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment, drive forward key initiatives and manage workflow on simultaneous projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and networking skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Able to work independently yet a team player
- Ownership and Accountability
- Good Management skills
- Willing to travel frequently
We offer the candidate a broad range of tasks and responsibilities in a growing and promising area of the finance industry and in a dynamic and open team. If you enjoy putting your ideas into practice in an innovative and performance-orientated culture, we would look forward to hearing from you.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.