Account Analyst (GWM)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Account Analyst will focus on supporting the client servicing, business development and relationship management effort with Global Wealth Management clients in Taiwan. The position is based in Taipei and is viewed as an important component of the support network required to build out PIMCO's franchise.
The role will be involved to drive the business with distribution channel, including banks, insurance companies, and security houses, etc. and deepen PIMCO's distribution network in Taiwan.
- Develop sufficient knowledge of fixed income securities, portfolio management techniques and macro expertise and cultivate additional key PIMCO investment professional skills
- Accurately and efficiently prepare client reports spanning performance, portfolio exposure and risk metrics. Analyse portfolio data including qualitative and quantitative performance attribution. Continually build understanding of underlying market factors to complete more qualitative, complex investment analyses
- Accurately and efficiently prepare client reports and respond to client queries on portfolio performance, risk metrics, marketing material requests and the planning of events / road shows
- Support the Account Managers through the provision of market, product and portfolio data.
- Effectively utilize tools such as Excel spreadsheets, macros, and query tools, along with internet sites, both public and private. Knowledge of Bloomberg and/or other index providers such as Bloomberg Barclays are a plus.
- Analyze portfolio characteristics in the context of broader investment themes and explain portfolio data including qualitative and quantitative performance attribution.
- Pay significant attention to detail to ensure that work is delivered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues demonstrating a 'goes the extra mile' attitude in internal and external interactions.
- Frequently shifts priorities demonstrating the ability to efficiently manage their time.
- Focus on specific goals, and demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results.
- Foster a sense of teamwork by assisting others when needed/required.
- Makes a strong commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach.
The GWM AA must meet one of the following six alternative requirements:
- Be a Qualified Investment Analyst,
- Passed an examination for business persons of securities investment trust and consulting enterprise,
- Passed a senior securities specialist examination,
- Have 1 year or more of work experience serving as a manager of domestic or foreign funds,
- Have passed the examination for trust business held by the Trust Association and have passed the examination held by the Securities Investment Trust & Consulting Association regarding securities investment trust and consulting regulations, or
- Be a graduate of a domestic or foreign university and have served for 3 years or more as a business person of one or more securities or futures institutions or trust enterprises.
Desired Personal Characteristics
- Outstanding Mandarin and English communication skills - both written and verbal
- Self-confident, robust, decisive, trustworthy and with excellent judgement on client matters
- Entrepreneurial and a self-starter, but able to operate in a team environment
- Innovative thinker able to bring forward and promote new ideas and initiatives, among peers and investors
- Able to demonstrate a passion for / deep interest in investment management
- Likes to spend most of their time with clients rather than office bound. Focused but high levels of prospect/client activity is a key success factor for this role. Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles of the firm.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Finance or Economics or relevant curriculum.
- Regulatory certificate in relevant jurisdiction
- Prepared to make progress towards attaining the CFA designation.
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience, preferably from the within the investment or wealth management industry.
- Collegiate team player, experienced and comfortable in an international operating environment.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of economics, capital markets and investment concepts.
- Possesses the language skill appropriate to the region (native fluency both in Mandarin & English is preferred).
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office