Associate, Portfolio Manager - Taiwan on-shore Funds
- Not Specified
- Taipei, Taiwan Taipei Taipei TW
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
We are looking to hire a Taiwan on-shore fund / portfolio manager to join our expanding Taiwan Asset Management Division. Based in Taipei, the portfolio manager will be responsible initially for assisting on on-shore overseas funds/fund of funds that are managed/advised by various BlackRock investment teams. The successful candidate is also expected to serve as an ambassador for the various BlackRock investment teams, and clearly identifying and communicating the team’s investment theses to both internal and external stakeholders.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will involve in the day-to-day management of Taiwan on-shore portfolios working alongside other Taiwan Asset Management Division colleagues, leverage resources from various BlackRock investment teams and provide necessary supports to sales team for promoting on-shore funds managed by BlackRock Investment Management (Taiwan) Limited.
- Manage/implement BlackRock Taiwan on-shore funds
- Conduct 4-step investment process reports and any other administer affairs in complying with external regulations, rules and internal instructions
- Write up reports for securities in on-shore funds on a regular basis to fulfil Taiwan regulatory requirement
- Produce daily, periodic and ad hoc reporting required by the investment team using both internal (Aladdin) and external (Bloomberg, etc.) data sources
- Participate in Taiwan weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings to share investment viewpoints with peers
- Incorporation with product development team to develop and launch portfolios that focus on the Taiwan on-shore fund market
- Share investment ideas to BlackRock investment professionals
- Prepare draft of macro-economic views and insights as well as opinions on the outlook for equity markets with partnership with BlackRock Investment Institute (BII)/relevant investment teams
- Build partnership and strong working relationship with the analysts and portfolio managers in relevant teams globally
- Be an ambassador for the various investment teams and serves as the team’s representative in Taipei
- Be a back-up for other Taiwan on-shore fund managers
- Bachelor Degree is essential, and Master Degree/CFA holder is preferred
- License of Securities Investment Trust and Consulting Professional required (Taiwan Securities Investment Analyst License is preferred)
- Qualified for registering at least two Taiwan on-shore funds simultaneously accredited by SITCA
- At least 4 years of experience in research and portfolio management in investment industry
- Equity/balanced portfolio or Fund of Funds management experience is preferred
- Familiar with SITE/SICE regulations and relevant compliance
- Very good knowledge of investment and asset management.
- Familiar with Macro/Micro economics
- Familiar with Bloomberg-System
- Strong risk management awareness
- Fluent Mandarin and English proficiency
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.