Associate, Sales Support Representative
- Not Specified
- Taipei, Taiwan Taipei Taipei TW
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Aug 18 2018-08-20
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
We’re looking for people who are natural-born problem solvers, innovators and leaders – the sort of people who can help us deliver strong investment performance, develop industry-leading technology, and build strong client relationships.
BlackRock provides a range of solutions from rigorous asset management aimed at maximizing returns, to highly efficient investment strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets, to alternative investment strategies such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business: Institutional Client Business
Within the Client Business group, we pride ourselves on creating, communicating and delivering investment solutions for clients worldwide. To that end, we have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combined make this effort successful and sustainable, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management.
The Client Business group serves institutional and retail clients, including; pension plans, insurance companies, third-party mutual funds, endowments and foundations, charities, corporations, official institutions, banks, family offices, financial professionals and individual investors.
Professionals within the team work together to deliver a full range of asset management, risk management and advisory services relevant to clients’ investment needs. Unified under one global client platform, individual client businesses are accountable for client relationships and distribution of products and services and are supported by a centralized marketing function which ensures consistency globally.
Division: Asia ex-Japan Institutional
BlackRock’s Asia ex-Japan Institutional Business is ranked by Asia Asset Management as the largest institutional asset manager in the region. Our clients are central banks, sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, insurance companies, family offices and endowments. What differentiates us is our local presence:
- Offices and talent in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Seoul, Beijing and Shanghai
- In-region specialists in Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset, Alternatives, ETFs & Index Investing, Transition Management
Our Taiwan Institutional Client Business team is seeking an Associate to service our growing client base as well as support on new business development activities.
The role would offer an opportunity to work with the clients across the broadest possible set of investment products. The firm will support the successful candidate with training on product knowledge, relationship management skills, processes & systems.
- Day-to-day responsibility for the relationship management of existing institutional clients in Taiwan. Serve as a trusted partner and advisor to the business, work under guidance of senior team members and liaise internal stakeholders to ensure a positive client experience
- Manage client queries on portfolio related matters. Follow through on issues with relevant internal teams
- Coordinate client portfolio reviews or ad-hoc conference calls with clients and investment teams
- Regularly monitor portfolio performance and work with senior sales to defend at risk mandates
- Execute new and terminated investment mandates through coordination with various operations teams and client service team
- Develop strong internal relationships with portfolio managers, product specialists and other teams globally to enhance delivery of our services to clients; continually seek process and service improvements
- Manage client and sales activity information in Aladdin system
- Prepare sales and marketing proposals, respond to RFPs and any required sales support
- At least 2 years of work experience with financial services, experience in asset management firms will be looked upon favorably
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with clients
- Self-motivated individual, with the ability to take ownership to ensure outcomes are achieved
- Pursuit of CFA or other similar qualifications will be looked upon favorably
- Strong familiarity with computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.), command of VBA a plus
- English and Mandarin fluency a must
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.