Fund Administrator, Associate (Fixed Term - 8 months)
Description About this role About this role:
BlackRock is seeking an Employee Fixed Term for an 8-month contract.
Are you looking for a diverse and exciting role in an asset management company? This role has responsibility for ownership of the fund administration oversight of BlackRock's Taiwan domiciled and serviced business, reporting to the Vice President of Fund Admin based in Hong Kong. Primary functions will be the management of service provider relationships and fund accounting related product implementation and product change. The role covers both change management and exception management and offers opportunities to learn!
We are looking for an experienced professional to join the Taiwan onshore team to support the growing business. The BlackRock fund ranges include Taiwanese domiciled SITE funds and DIA (Discretionary Investment Account). The team also covers Corporate Action and Trade Operations providing expanded opportunities for understanding valuation.
The team establishes the Fund Control Environment and ensures adherence to local and global procedures. It also maintains positive and effective relationships with Fund Administration teams in other locations in Asia and EMEA, to ensure consistency of processes and efficient use of resources. This includes various control and administrative duties (such as daily NAV review, tolerances checks, invoicing, etc.) to achieve complete and robust oversight of specific fund processes. You will also be able to provide leading insights in new regulations and drive outstanding client experience through timely and accurate delivery of NAVs. The team will also work closely with Investments teams and Trading in the full trade lifecycle activities. To ensure success in the role, you will:
- Show excellent attention to detail with risk adverse and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate partnership skills within BlackRock to actively engage and lead fund product changes, with focus on maintaining a good working relationship with Global Product Group and our Investment teams.
- Supervise outsourced functions, including performance of the service provider, leading all aspects of risk and control environments, investigation of NAV related queries. Assist in the preparation of distribution pay out process and in managing local audits, working closely with Fund auditor and service provider.
- Support account set up, funding, settlement, margin, collateral and reconciliation; collaborate closely with counterparties and custodians to facilitate timely trade settlement and minimize potential fails.
- Handle cash and trade workflow error resolution including funding shortages or failed trades across products (FX, equities, bonds, derivatives, etc.) Ensure all corporate actions, including income events, are gathered, validated, elected and processed timely across entitled funds
- Ensure team approach is consistent with global practice for controls, oversight and management of vendors and production of fund valuations.
- Expertise in fund valuation as well as associated reporting and requirements. Monthly Regulatory Reporting preparation, and regular and ad hoc reporting externally and internally.
- Represent BlackRock around Fund Admin related issues in the Taiwan marketplace and where applicable and possible, participate in relevant industry working groups.
- Illustrated strong ability and track record in resolving and implementing change to processes and products.
- Benefit from working with a broad range of functions within and outside of the business to deliver key initiatives
- Can work within a small team and across several larger teams and be a strong communicator - work well with all levels, including directors, industry groups, business heads and the firm's senior management.
- Have 7 - 10 years validated experience within the asset management industry or a related industry, ideally with exposure to Fund Operation
- Professional Licenses: SITCA licensing (Securities Investment Trust & Consulting Professionals) is required
- Prepared to take the initiative, and take the lead in handling operational improvements and change.
- Work in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment with high self-assurance, energy and drive
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, and develop strong collaborative working partnerships
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and prior hands on experience with automation tools (e.g. VBA, RPA, Python, etc.) would be an advantage.
- Experience with financial technology platform would be valuable.
- Proficient in Mandarin and English.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.