Amber is a leading digital asset service company founded in Asia (2017) and operating in over 100 countries. Amber has achieved significant team, revenue, and valuation growth in 4 years. Our team is building the future of digital wealth through sharp execution of our global strategy. Amber is a 500-person digital-native firm with an inspiring culture and a sharp focus on execution. We have three business lines which correspond to the three explosive growing fields:
Job Title: KYC Specialist
- Conduct customer due diligence/enhanced due diligence reviews and research for clients, as part of the firm’s AML/CFT Compliance program;
- Analysis of accounts and client information according to prescribed internal control policies and procedures;
- Identification and production of information required to satisfy firm KYC due diligence policies and processes;
- Develop, maintain, review and enhance AML & compliance related policies and procedures as well as proper control to ensure that the Bank’s activities are in compliance with the latest regulatory requirements;
- Provide AML regulatory guidance and direction in respect to clients who /which pose high AML risks and the appropriate due diligence is conducted;
- Support in day-to-day handling of AML matters (including activities in relation to PEP, periodic reviews, AML committee, AML advisory support to business functions on AML/CFT policies and procedures, etc);
- Assist in preparing AML committee agenda and minutes;
- Understand technical aspects of systems and controls relevant to Customer Due Diligence, Client Risk Assessment, Name and Transaction Screening, Transaction Monitoring/ AML Surveillance, and support disposition, selection, calibration and tuning of rules and scenarios;
- Participate in the Amber Group’s ad-hoc compliance projects and provide compliance support.
- 3-5 years’ experience in undertaking AML / KYC reviews within a financial institution;
- Working knowledge of AML, regulatory compliance and controls within the banking, financial services or fintech;
- Excellent research and communication skills; fluency in English required. Ability in a third language would be advantageous;
- Minimum of a B.A. degree;
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task;
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Strong teamwork, organizational, complex problem resolution and initiative;
- Familiarity with Microsoft office tools and other software.
Good to have (Optional):
- ACAMS or relevant certification;
- Enforcement/ regulatory/ regulatory liaison experience.