Onboarding Services Analyst
Description About this role Technology & Operations:
With operations all over the world and a range of investment products and services, BlackRock is one of the most complex financial services organizations servicing clients today. In order to achieve operational excellence, Technology & Operations ensures BlackRock's operations are consistent and efficient across investment products, client channels and regions. Technology & Operations comprises a number of groups including Global Client Services which includes Onboarding (Implementation and Contracting). Billing, Client Reporting and Client Order Management. Team Overview:
The KYC/Onboarding team forms a key control function within Technology & Operations, performing AML/KYC customer due diligence and sanctions screening for clients executing investment management agreements directly with a BlackRock entity globally. The team also manages various processes relating to updating AML KYC data and documentation and provides sanction screening with respect to updated authorized signature lists. Role Overview:
The role is to join our KYC OnBoarding
team as an AML/KYC Onboarding/Refresh Analyst.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing in depth knowledge of BlackRock's AML/KYC policies as well as providing an excellent client experience during the on-boarding of new clients and refresh of existing clients within BlackRock. You will support a growing area in a dynamic and challenging environment. You will work closely with Sales teams, Client Experience Management and partner with Legal & Compliance to manage exceptions and ensure compliance with BlackRock's AML/KYC policy. The initial focus will be on Taiwanese clients however it is expected that the team's responsibilities will expand over time to include other APAC markets/clients. The newly formed team presents an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to various areas involved in the client onboarding process at BlackRock.
The position would preferably be located in Taipei, Taiwan. Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the successful implementation of the AML/KYC team strategy and vision.
- Partnering with the sales and service teams to on-board new clients and refresh existing clients as efficiently as possible.
- Ensuring clients meet applicable AML/KYC requirements and that the appropriate AML/KYC process is followed for all new client to mitigate risk to BlackRock.
- Partnering with Legal & Compliance to manage exceptions and ensure escalation policies are appropriately followed.
- Accurately capturing and recording relevant AML/KYC data on an ongoing basis and maintaining the AML/KYC data and documentation platforms.
- Testing development and enhancements to AML/KYC platforms.
- Ensuring that all completed AML/KYC documentation is properly filed, stored and retrievable.
- Supporting the AML/KYC data requirements of client periodic reviews.
- Participation in the development and implementation of continuous improvement of the control environment, policies and procedures, looking for ways to innovate and drive the business forward, delivering a superior client experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year experience with respect to AML/KYC compliance and the on-boarding of clients within the asset management industry. Experience of dealing with clients more generally would also be beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of AML/KYC laws and regulations (especially in Taiwan) preferred (but not essential)
- Experience with Lexis Nexis Bridger, and/or other sanctions screening and risk rating systems preferred (but not essential).
- Ability to independently manage your own workload.
- Exemplary communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with both internal and external clients at all levels and across geographies.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and presentation skills.
- Team player - both with regard to your direct team as well as with those whom you support.
- Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills with the ability to manage effectively expectations of internal and external clients.
- Flexible and open to accepting new challenges; able to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding and ever-changing environment while maintaining the highest standard and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to balance client needs with BlackRock's policies and operational procedures; possess excellent regulatory and technical awareness in order to understand associated risks and provide innovative, risk-free and compliance-friendly solutions.
- Written and spoken Japanese language skills would be beneficial as the role will support the Japan market
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.