Vice President, Legal Counsel
Description About this role
BlackRock Investment Management (Taiwan) Limited has an opening for a Vice President role within the Legal and Compliance function. This individual will be Head of the Legal function in Taiwan and provide close support to the Compliance team located in Taiwan. This individual will play an integral role in the development of the Legal function in Taiwan and will report to the North Asia Head of Legal in Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will be accountable for all legal matters in Taiwan and interface with internal stakeholders at all levels and across different business groups, including Asia Pacific-based management and local senior management. The individual will be a team leader, highly organized, resourceful, detail oriented with excellent verbal and written English skills and have experience working with constituents located outside of Taiwan. The primary responsibility is to assist in overseeing and managing legal and regulatory (with Compliance) issues for BlackRock's business in Taiwan. The candidate would support all aspects of BlackRock's business in Taiwan working closely with the Compliance team, both retail and institutional. Responsibilities:
- Providing advice on all legal issues pertaining to a collective investment business, investment advisory business and discretionary business license.
- Advising BlackRock Taiwan's board, committees and senior management on legal and regulatory risks impacting BlackRock Taiwan and its clients
- Liaising with Taiwan r internal and external advisors and internal control group
- Providing advice on the launch of new onshore products and the registration of offshore products in Taiwan.
- Review, draft and assist in negotiation of agreements in support of BlackRock's business operations in Taiwan (e.g. constitutive fund documentation, investment management agreements, distribution agreements, trademark and other intellectual property licenses and brokerage service agreements, third party vendor agreements etc.)
- Providing advice and support to other control functions including Risk and Internal Audit.
- Providing advice on corporate governance issues and employment matters.
- Providing pro-active advice to the business on meeting regulatory requirements.
- Managing relationships with Taiwan external counsel.
- With the Head of Compliance managing relationship between BlackRock, FSC and SITCA.
- Participating in global and/or regional legal and compliance initiatives and projects and working with legal and compliance colleagues from other BlackRock offices to ensure global best practice and consistency wherever possible.
- Qualified lawyer (either Taiwan or offshore)
- At least 8 - 10 years post qualification experience, either at a law firm or in-house at a financial services company
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment in Taiwan.
- Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong English written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working in an international organization.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Client focus
- Ability to work under pressure and take ownership of issues
- Analytical / problem solving skills
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.