Head of Risk (ALM)
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Head of Risk (ALM), to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Tunisia//Tunis.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Summary:
The incumbent will be responsible for the management and control of Asset and Liability Management (ALM), Liquidity and Market Risk for QNBT. He / she will be responsible for conducting liquidity and interest rate gap analyses, stress testing and scenario analyses (encompassing EaR, duration and net interest income sensitivity approaches) and will propose remedial actions to ALCO to rectify adverse positions. He / she will also monitor the Bank's Traded Market Risk exposures, ensuring the control framework is appropriate and comprehensive, that limits are appropriately set and that the calculation methodology is sound. He will be responsible for providing market risk scenario analysis and stress testing results to the relevant committees/management. Responsibilities:
- Deliver and maintain a strong, efficient local control environment. Monitor risk prevailing locally, and ensure that control processes, especially stress testing assumptions, sufficiently reflect these risks.
- Provide robust, regular reporting to QNBT and Group management. Escalate unacceptable risks and limit breaches on a timely basis.
- Provide inputs in the preparation of the Market Risk Strategy (including limit setting) that reflects QNBT's tolerance for risk for presentation to executive management for discussion/ review. Liaise with the Head of Group Market Risk to ensure local risk appetite limits are aligned with the Group Risk Appetite.
- Calculate the regulatory capital requirement of Market Risk and provide input, support and expert advice in the process of managing market risk regulatory capital (including ICAAP) and regulatory liquidity measures (including LCR and NSFR ratios).
- Develop and drive the implementation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Liquidity Early Warning Indicators (EWIs) and Risk Dashboards for performance monitoring and quality measurement purposes. Monitor KPI and EWI status, and escalate exceptions on a timely basis.
- Assist the CRO in efforts to enable QNBT to move to more sophisticated/ advanced methods for calculation / measurement of market risk
- Proactively participate in preparation of, and adhere to, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments / units to ensure all internal and external requirements and deliverables are met on timely basis. Ensure the quality of output delivered, in terms of presentation and content, meets or exceeds expectations.
- Support CRO to ensure periodic update of the bank's Risk policies and procedures. Liaise with the Head of Group Market Risk to ensure alignment of QNBT level Policies and Procedures with Group-level defined standards and contribute to the ongoing preparation / review of ALM, Liquidity and Market Risk policies.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with the all other related departments and units to achieve QNBT's goals/ objectives, including provision of required support, as and when required.
- Ensure alignment between the ALM and Financial Planning processes.
- Enhance relationship with the relevant Regulatory / Central Bank officials through continuous communications and follow up.
- Provide expert advice with respect to market risk/liquidity/ALM/portfolio risks associated with new product launches (retail, corporate, treasury for conventional and Islamic banking).
- Monitor ALM, Liquidity and Market Risk limits. Provide commentary explaining significant exposure / ratio/ VaR movements and communicate analysis to the entity CRO and the Head of Group Market Risk.
- Lead the preparation of stress testing, scenario simulations, back testing, EaR, VaR, mark to market, duration approaches and Monte Carlo simulation modules and methodology, consistent with the Group defined methodology and approaches.
- Facilitate QNBT's efforts to select suitable risk management software.
- Implement ongoing analysis of risk scenarios, measuring impact and exposure across different economic conditions. Obtain information about cash flow in QNBT, assess on the basis of each instrument, what is real cash flow and provide data on reinvestment or refunding operations.
- Deploy state-of-the-art tools/ systems to facilitate monitoring of the market risk at product/ portfolio level.
- Track and analyze key performance indicators for the risk management process.
- Ensure that positions and risks are fully captured in QNBT's global risk management systems, are updated daily and reconciled to other reporting systems across QNBT. Take ownership and actively pursue the closure of any prevailing control / reporting weaknesses.
- Produce adequate and accurate reports pertaining to ALM and market sensitivity and disseminate the same to the concerned business units/ senior management for their review / action.
- Ensure the risk profile is representative of the true risks undertaken by the business and that it is consistent with market movements and P&L.
- Ensure ALM, liquidity and market risk control framework aligns with the Group Enterprise Risk Management Framework and relevant Group policies.
- Liaise with Head of Group Market Risk to ensure all localised models comply with the Group Model Validation framework and governance.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics, economics or related subjects.
- Professional certification such as PRM, CFA etc. is a plus.
- Minimum of 9 years experience in a major bank of which at least 4 years in a managerial capacity in ALM and Market Risk sensitivity function.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV