Public Financial Management Adviser – Treasury (Tuvalu)
- ARF C4 $150,000-$180,000
- Funafuti, Tuvalu
- Permanent, Full time
- Scope Global
- 09 Oct 18
Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2) • Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – C4 • 24 month role • Based in Funafuti, Tuvalu
The PFM Adviser based at the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development within the Treasury Department. The Adviser will be responsible to further enhance public financial management through technology, better record revenue receipts and expenditures and resolving procurement limitations. It is the role of the Adviser to build capacity of staff to enable them to efficiently and effectively manage public funds and financial reporting.
You will be accountable to, and managed by the Secretary of Finance and Economic Development. The Adviser will work closely with the Government Accountant, Treasury staff, AID coordination and budget staff.
This role is expected to commence in early December 2018 for a period of 24 months.
• Support Treasury Department to implement reforms under the Public Financial Management Roadmap 2017-2021
• Providing assistance to Treasury Department to produce complete financial statements in compliance with GAAP and all evidence required to enable the Audit General to provide an opinion.
• Upgrade Treasury systems and processes including the use of paper-less payment system.
• Asset Management and Procurement
• Provide training to Treasury staff, Accounting Officers and public officers in the management and reporting of public funds.
• Provide advice and guidance on key cross-cutting issues
• Minimum of a Degree level qualification in Accounting
• Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) registration
• Minimum 10 year experience in Government accounting environment.
• Demonstrated experience with computerised financial management Information systems (FMIS) in a Government environment.
• Demonstrated experience and success in supporting and implementing change in a Government accounting environment.
• Demonstrated experience and success in the development and implementation of formal and on the job training including the development of relevant procedures and manuals.
• Experience in dealing with transition from cash to accrual accounting
• Demonstrated experience of working with limited resources within a challenging environment
• Ability to cope with cultural isolation and a standard of living that may be different;
• Patience, tolerance and flexibility;
• Commitment to team work, coaching and mentoring other people
• Remuneration in line with the ARF – C4
• Mobility allowance (50%) and special location allowances
• Flights, medicals, and insurance
• Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
• Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit http://www.scopeglobal.com/pactam2/
Applications close midnight ACST Sunday 18th October 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com