Senior Software Engineer
IHS Markit Product Development and Delivery - the area of IHS Markit responsible for the ongoing software development of commercial products. Drawing on a global network of software development experts this exciting area is rapidly expanding to meet the needs of our complex and sophisticated product line.
Join us as we expand our successful agile software development teams in Aberdeen. Be instrumental in designing and delivering high quality, commercial software products within agreed time frames, translating business requirements into excellent technical solutions Responsibilities:
- You will work collaboratively as part of an agile team to design, develop, test and deliver high quality software and technical solutions in support of our product roadmap, based on true understanding of customer needs.
- You will build quality into software from the ground up - apply clean coding practices and use established test and review procedures to ensure application quality throughout development to release. Implement effective design techniques for maintainability, testability, scalability, performance & security. Solve complex problems creatively by taking a new perspective on existing solutions, evaluate and choose appropriate techniques, tools and technologies as we enhance our products and move solutions to the cloud.
- Take the initiative and drive innovation; continuously seek to expand knowledge and skill set in areas of specialisation, keep pace with industry standards and new technologies, and share and contribute knowledge, experience and concerns with your team.
You will have a proven track record and an in-depth working knowledge of technologies including:
Nice to have:
- Angular / AngularJS
- C#, .NET Core & Framework
- MS SQL database design and querying
- Typescript, CSS, HTML 5
- Cloud technologies - AWS, Azure
- Nginx, Redis
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years or more professional experience of software development and database design
- Great analytical and problems solving skills
- Strong communication skills - keen and able to share knowledge with all members of the team
- Able to work effectively as part of an agile project team, and foster team cooperation
- Familiar with the agile development methodology
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.