Aberdeen or Dundee
£33,000 - £38,000 + excellent benefits
Solaris, Linux, VMware, Hyper-V, Exchange
Your new company
Change Recruitment are partnered with their well-established cloud services company. As part of their continued growth and success, we're now on the lookout to further strengthen the team with an experienced Systems Engineer. You would be working with a wide variety of technologies and products hosted in privately owned Data centres as well as utilising Public Cloud infrastructure.
You should primarily be highly skilled in supporting Windows, Linux and Solaris operating systems.
Your new role
As the Systems Engineer you'll build, configure, maintain and troubleshoot a wide variety of systems and services. This is an exciting role working within our Systems Engineering team which works closely with the Service Desk, Network Operations, Project Management, and commercial departments.
Our client has a highly rewarding, collaborative environment to ensure long term success as well working with a friendly, skilled team with a large amount of experience.
What you'll need to succeed
Configuration and troubleshooting of the following technologies:
• Solaris, Linux e.g. Redhat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu
• Virtualization e.g. Hyper-V, VMware
• Backup and recovery, e.g. Veeam, CommVault, Asigra
• Ensures that all work is compliant and consistent with the needs of our Information Security Management (ISMS - 27001 : 2013) and Business Continuity Systems
• Exchange administrator
Nice to have, but not a deal breaker if you don't
• Windows Server operating systems 2008 - onwards
• Backup technologies, e.g. Veeam, CommVault
• AWS & Azure Architecture and implementation knowledge
• Python or PowerShell Scripting
• Good knowledge of networking principles
• Storage, enterprise SAN, FC and iSCSI
• Dell and Cisco UCS hardware support
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or contact Matt Kelly using 0131 473 4929
If these jobs aren't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within IT Development/Design please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.