Agile Delivery Lead
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a Delivery Lead in our Customer Technology Team.
At M&G we are just beginning an exciting digital transformation towards a more agile, customer-centric and digital-first way of working. We have lots to improve and plenty of interesting challenges we'd like you to get involved in.
We are on a journey to reinvent how people think about their financial future. Making conversations around retirement easier and more relevant, offering diversified products, rethinking and improving the end-to-end experience for our customers and using technology to effectively engage with them in real time and help them make better decisions about their finances.
The journey has started already, are you ready to join us? We need the best digital minds onboard in order to achieve our goal.
Our Platform teams, are looking for highly motivated Enterprise Business Intelligence Lead with strong technical skills, problem solving abilities, deep customer affinity and strong communications skills to join our Platform operations teams. Key Work Level Accountabilities Manager or Expert:
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Build and maintain high performing teams; ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well
- Represent and champion agile practices and a culture of continuous improvement, across Wealth Solutions and M&G plc
- Provide guidance to the delivery community, build capability and excellence around ways of working
- Support professional development and continuous improvement of colleagues within the delivery community
- Be a skilled team leader who is able to confidently communicate the value of the role to digital and non-digital stakeholders
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Working continuously with their team to remove blockers or impediments that affect delivery
- Coaches and leads teams in Agile and Lean practices. Is a recognised expert that advocates these approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team. Creates or tailors new ways of working and is always innovating
- Able to mediate and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels. Able to manage stakeholders' expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complexity or under constrained timescales. Able to speak and represent the community to large audiences.
- Able to optimise the delivery flow of teams. Able to actively address the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team or no clear ownership exists. Able to identify innovative ways to unblock issues.
- Able to identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated. Able to add value and can coach the organisation to inspect and adapt processes. Guides teams through the implementation of a new process
- Able to lead a continual planning process in a very complex environment. Able to plan beyond product delivery. Able to identify dependencies in plans across customer journeys and coordinate delivery. Coaches other teams as the central point of expertise.
- Significant experience of managing change delivery through 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of financial services industry beneficial
- Detailed knowledge of project methodologies, planning processes and technique
Work Level: Manager or Expert
Recruiter Name: Simone Morris
Closing Date: 2nd March 2021
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things