Marketing Communications Manager (6 month FTC - Location Flexible)
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. The Role
This role is responsible for defining and delivering Ascentric marketing communications plan to the market, advisers and clients, in such a way that helps Ascentric meet its business and brand objectives while also delivering the best possible experience to all audiences.
Key Work Level Accountabilities Experienced Colleague
- Reports into the Senior Marketing Manager for Ascentric
- Marketing communications budget management of up to £100,000
- Stakeholder management across business to engage all in marketing activity, and raise awareness
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing communication plans to align with the company's strategic objectives, using the most appropriate channels to achieve the objectives.
- Be responsible for the delivery of effective and segmented marketing campaigns to increase awareness, drive customer acquisition and support customer retention.
- Identify and develop new and creative communication strategies and channels, incorporating customer journey mapping, analysing touch points with the organisation to maximise marketing and communication opportunities across different audiences.
- Development and implementation of a successful content marketing strategy to support a range of elements including live, digital and media
- Develop and implement tracking and reporting to measure communications and content effectiveness
- Work closely with the Sales, Services and Proposition teams to ensure successful roll out of campaign and communication strategies across all business channels.
- Build customer insight into campaign and communication strategy and plans
- Ensure communications are in line with the brand guidelines, values and ambition, with a focus on providing real value to our customers
- Develop relationships with internal and external suppliers to ensure delivery of communication and campaign activities are to a high quality, on time and on budget.
- Prioritise and manage spend to meet business objectives
- Ensure all communications are compliant with regulatory and technical legislation and appropriate record keeping is maintained
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ensure key business risks are fully understood, controlled and mitigated on the team to ensure local plans are delivered and we meet our regulatory requirements
- Ensure Risk Events are reported, investigated and reported in accordance with the Risk Event and Escalation process
- Undertake all mandatory training
- Good understanding of financial services market, platform experience desirable
- Excellent and recent knowledge and experience of execution across all communications channels (online and offline) and including PR
- Proven ability to develop and deliver integrated campaigns which have been agreed with all stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to write basic copy if required
- Experience of implementing across all channels
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Marketing, PR or communications
- Always putting the customer first
- Willingness to drive change to improve the customer experience and processes
- Unrelenting eye on quality
- Owning plans and proactively coming up with solutions to problems
- Proven ability to work with others to achieve great business outcomes
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter Name: Simone Morris
Closing Date: 6th March 2021
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things