The Accounts Payable & Accounting Specialist role is part of a team who are responsible for the EMEA purchase ledger. Such duties include the timely entry of all invoices (purchase order and non-purchase order) to ensure timely payment is made to CME's vendors. The role also serves to communicate with outside vendors as well as CME staff to resolve issues surrounding the payment or non-payment of these invoices. In addition to these duties the role requires you to perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and provide other accounting assistance to the corporate accounting and procurement teams within the organization. Principal Accountabilities:
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Assist in preparation for annual audits and answer queries from both internal and external audit teams when required.
- Maintain the Accounts Payable processes for EMEA including receiving approval for invoices, inputting approved invoices for payment into Workday, running the pay cycle process and inputting payments into the various banking systems prior to release by the authorizer.
- Aid with travel and expenses for the EMEA and Singapore when needed.
- Perform monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Assist with the month end close of the EMEA purchase ledger.
- Liaise with suppliers on receiving outstanding invoices and provide information to corporate accounting teams for monthly invoice accruals.
- Perform yearly update testing and process improvements including better utilization of existing technology.
- Review intercompany payment requests and input accurately upon request.
Essential: Excel, Word, Financial system exposure
Desirable: Workday, Barclays / Citibank / JP Morgan online banking portals, Reconciliation experience. Cost Centre:
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.