Application Support Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . Role Purpose :
This position primarily focuses on answering client support tickets escalated by our global client facing level 1 support teams; working closely with Dev, QA, Infra and OPS teams to investigate and troubleshoot complex client support cases. This position requires software support experience and familiarity of the finance market is preferred.
The individual will support the Traiana and Optimization products within CME group that provide regulatory reporting services that monitor pre-trade risk and automate post-trade processing of financial transactions for listed and over-the-counter trading Key Accountabilities:
• Respond to inquiries by phone, email, and in person, providing the information required on a timely basis.
• Must quickly diagnose, prioritize, and troubleshoot internal/external issues with proven multi-tasking abilities, including distinguishing between customer network and Wisper connection issues.
• Assist Level 1 Support with questions regarding their escalations and the Traiana products.
• Effectively communicate with RnD, QA, OPS and Hosting departments on escalated issues.
• Provide on-going training to Level 1 Support when dictated my management.
• Provide input into operation processes for continuous improvement and operational effectiveness.
• Revise existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new technological requirements.
• Perform administrative tasks that support client contact and excellent follow-up.
• Perform other related duties as required and directed. Person Specification Skills:
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Ability to liaise with various internal groups (Product / Project Management, Development, Quality Assurance, IT)
- Ability to learn complex systems and applications - Must
- Excellent communications skills and experience dealing with client representatives at various levels
- Work experience in a technical support role
- Knowledge/experience in financial industry - preferred.
- Entrepreneurial, willingness and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve client issues
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to follow through on issues from beginning to end
- Ability to work flexible hours / shifts - this is normally a rotation of 1 Sunday a month with time in lieu provided.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Business, Finance, Economics or Computer Science.
- Experience supporting web based financial applications including trade posting, reporting, and exception handling / troubleshooting - preferred
- Hands on technical experience utilizing database tools, using SQL to perform queries and analysis.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, FTP, certificates, SMTP, AD, Proxy and MQ - big advantage.
- Experience working with and supporting multi-tier applications including Java, WebLogic and Oracle.
- Experience working in Windows, (Unix, and Linux environments - advantage) and proficiency using MS Office suite