Clearing Representative 4
Overview of Citi
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity. Job Purpose
The role of the clearing analyst in ETD Operations is to support the firm's house and client trading across a broad range of listed futures and options products. The group has interactions with multiple Business units and is responsible for clearing and settlement of all ETD business Trade Management ("TMG")
This role also performs some critical control functions including Regulatory reporting and CCP position maintenance. Job Background/context
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and fast paced team within the Belfast site.
Futures, Clearing and Collateral (FCC) Operations manage all aspects of ETD and OTC products including trade management and clearing, break remediation, reconciliations and treasury. Our key interactions involve liaising with exchanges, brokers and counterparties including banks, pension funds, national governments, insurance companies and hedge funds located in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
This role is within Operations, specific to ETD clearing and supports trade clearing within EMEA FCC Operations.
EMEA FCC Operations has staff located in London, Belfast and Tampa. Key Responsibilities
- Intraday trade matching and exception management versus the exchanges, allocation process and trade booking.
- Monitor of trade activity to allow for the accurate and swift resolution of any client clearing issues
- Liaise with the client service team and clients to ensure a high quality professional service offering
- Regularly update clients with trade information and ensure clients are informed of any trade issues.
- Maintain and update account data
- Maintain and regularly update process documentation.
- Participate in checks to ensure that manually entered trades are accurate
- Investigate and remediate clearing and system errors
- Help to create and build an environment of teamwork within Trade Management, and the wider FCC team.
- Build credibility and trust with regional partners, seniors and clients. Seek opportunities to lead and engage in highly visible, global projects.
- Identify support and implement control and efficiency initiatives across FCC Operations
- Participate in documentation of business requirements and testing of new processes, systems roll outs and UAT for strategic projects
- Ensure compliance with Regulatory, Exchange and CCP mandates impacting FCC Operations
- Ability to identify issues, develop and provide solutions to remove blockers preventing the expansion of our current client product offering
- Work experience in the Financial Services Industry would be a benefit but not required.
- Customer service experience.
- Displays a well-developed ability to schedule work and understand relative priorities.
- Building positive working relationships and working with team members to understand the root cause of an issue in a timely and effective manner.
- Excellent communications skills (written & verbal)
- Results/task orientated with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize effectively and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good MS Office skills notably MS Excel
- Computer literate and ability to grasp several in house systems quickly.
- Ability to make rational, well informed decisions.
- Adaptive to change
Citi's success depends on its people and their ability to develop and grow within the organisation. FCC Operations supports all employees to feel empowered to be able to take responsibility for their own development.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the products, markets and processes being supported
- Exposure to all of the products supported by FCC. ETD in particular touches upon many underlying products, some examples include, Equity, Index, Fixed Income, Commodities, Carbon & Power & Gas
- Full support of department when looking to enhance both professional skills and broader leadership characteristics
- Educated to degree level an advantage
- 'A' level or equivalent in Mathematics an advantage
- Industry exams e.g. FCA module exams or a full affiliate status an advantage
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Competencies
What we Offer
- Risk Awareness and confidence to escalate
- Attention to detail
- Can work effectively under pressure
- Planning & Organising
- Relationship Building
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer:
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .