Job Title: Client (KYC) Manager Business: Client KYC Management which is part of Sales & Relationship Management Division: Markets & Securities Services Grade/Level: AVP/VP Reporting to: Sasha Panajotovic Location: Belfast
Job Description Job Purpose:
Markets is a multi-billion dollar business supporting institutional and corporate clients. The Sales division is the distribution centre of Citi's breadth of innovative global products. We provide our clients with access to the global markets in over 100 countries. Our state-of-the-art platform delivers electronic access to Citi's world-class capital markets services across equities, futures, FX, emerging markets, rates, credit, commodities, securitized, municipals, prime, and research. Through our web, mobile and trading applications, clients can find proprietary data and analytics, Citi research, and market commentary; fast, seamless, and stable execution for FX and Rates trades; and a suite of sophisticated, post-trade analysis tools.
The Global Investor Sales KYC Team was created to support the Markets business and is primarily engaged to support Markets' Investor Sales and their clients to drive a consistent global KYC ownership model.
The role involves helping to manage, develop and drive the regulatory client (KYC) refresh & documentation process to enable fast and efficient completion of records. Job Background / Context:
This role resides in Client KYC Management which supports jointly, the Global Investor Sales & Relationship Management & Corporate Sales teams to ensure that Global Markets is meeting Citi's Anti-Money Laundering's requirement to Know Your Customer across all of Citi's entities and regions. This role primarily covers Investor Sales clients and will be integral in the support of the following initiatives:
- Help manage sales education, outreach and coordination with respect to KYC / AML and client ownership;
- Assist in the maintenance and the design of new processes and protocols to ensure efficient processing and escalation of client requests or issues;
- Assist in the development and implementation of a centralised KYC/AML ownership protocol; and,
- Provide a point of escalation to sales.
This is a unique and challenging role that provides exposure to clients, various product and control groups as well as visibility from senior business leaders.
A solutions driven role which requires strong teamwork, problem solving & change management skills. This is not an autonomous role. The individual will need to work in partnership with a number of teams/individuals to resolve issues efficiently and effectively. The individual will be required to drive the decision process without owning it. Key Responsibilities:
- Verify client information / data entered into Citi KYC by the on-boarding and refresh teams
- Escalation of negative news to Sales & Senior Management
- Escalation of Citi screening hits (individual name screening results, AML/Sanctions)
- Single point of contact to Investor Sales for any KYC/AML questions or concerns
- Coordinate with product coverage regarding client's product profile, to ensure that the customer's trading activity is suitable
- Troubleshoot KYC issues escalated by the client or the salesforce
- Manage client outreach for periodic KYC refreshers
Overall drive change and efficiency to ensure the customer experience is both nimble and painless. Development Value:
Role offers the opportunity to work closely with the Sales desks, building technical knowledge & understanding of end-to-end infrastructure specifically KYC/AML and client ownership.
Broad exposure across the Citigroup/Citibank client network both internal and external to ICG to include Banking. The role will provide exposure to the firm's key customers both from a business, infrastructure and regulatory perspective while offering exposure to Risk Management, Legal, Compliance, KYC/AML and Operation's departments in understanding the implications of transactions in a fast-changing marketplace. Person Specification Knowledge/Experience & Qualifications:
Skills & Competencies
- Ideal candidate will have over 5 years' experience in financial services with previous experience in a KYC / AML, Compliance or on-boarding role
- Broad range of Markets products such as Rates, Credit, Equity, FX and Commodity Products. Account maintenance and or booking experience: advantageous
- Knowledge of trade flows, infrastructure and documentation
- Good operational control, change management & customer interaction experience would also be a plus
- Education: Degree preferred
- Languages: advantageous
- Good IT skills such as Excel, Databases and MIS
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional process and conflict management ability
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks based on materiality
- Fast thinker and quick learner with the ability to work
effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to manage routine processes with precision and ad hoc
projects with flexibility and creativity
- Efficient and effective use of office software (including
spreadsheets and databases)
- Process management skills an advantage
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .