Consultant- Java Developer - CORE
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 26 Mar 19
Consultant- Java Developer - CORE
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME Technology and Support Services is relentlessly focused on developing the worlds most advanced electronic trading, post trade processing and risk management systems. We are the world's leading and most diverse derivatives market place providing risk management solutions that help drive the global economy. Our customers include leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations, and individual traders.
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in Belfast as a Software Engineer, initially supporting CME CORE Application team for an initial 6 month contract. The Belfast team is a high performing group of individuals that deliver on a broad range of functions including systems/business analysis, software development and quality assurance services. The team is responsible from initial request review, impact assessment, and prioritization through to solution implementation.
Although initially working in the CME CORE space, the engineering and execution team also develop a variety of trading and post-trade solutions, supporting our exchange and clearing business. Internal mobility and flexibility are a key part to our agile approach to technology delivery. The successful candidate, throughout their career, will form a key part in driving our success across technology, and will find opportunities to work in a variety of projects and technologies, beyond their initial team and specialism
Principal Account abilities
• Develop code and unit tests.
• Participates and contributes to dialogue on detailed design and architecture plans.
• Applies knowledge of java language, DBMS and middle-ware technologies in independently designing and developing key services.
• Participates in code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defect.
• Participates in story review, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements.
• Works well in a team, fostering an environment of collaboration and innovation.
• Plays supporting role in white box test case identification sessions to establish high level consensus on test case sets for corresponding stories.
• Participates in troubleshooting efforts, proposing potential fixes and workarounds.
• Assists with environment build deployments, release notes, and build notices.
• Participates in continuous improvement efforts by suggesting practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality products (i.e. - process improvements/automation opportunities).
• Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
• Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute
• Strong knowledge and experience of SDLC methodologies; agile is a big advantage.
• Strong core Java development skills
• Expertise in Object Oriented Design and Patterns
• Strong DBMS skills (Oracle preferred)
• HTML5, Angular, React or other Front End Development experience.
• Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment.
• Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space.
• Prior experience working with BDD methodologies and automated acceptance criteria.
• Prior experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.
• Fortify, Sonar, Coverity experience.