Deloitte Digital, UX Designer, Consultant, Belfast
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Deloitte Digital offers fantastic opportunities for growth and development for the Experience Design team. We're looking for a UX Designer to join our vibrant and diverse design team. We need someone looking for the design challenge and opportunity which comes from working with some of the largest and most complex organisations and problems as well as the experience and ability to help imagine, deliver and the run the future of our client's customer and employee experiences. Role description
Producing innovative and inspiring client outcomes across the spectrum of UX projects, you must be innovative, quick to adapt, have strong understanding of the end to end UX design process, coupled with experience in delivering UX design and eagerness to continually learn new digital technologies.
You'll work closely with our clients to understand their business requirements in the broader context of their digital strategy and advocate for the customer by developing intuitive interactions and easy-to-use interfaces. You will collaborate with amazing digital experts across disciplines including but not limited to Experience Strategists, Researchers, UX Designers, Creative Designers, Business Analysts and Engineers to deliver industry leading experiences across a broad range of products and services. Location
This role is located between our Deloitte Digital Office in Belfast Gasworks, and client site when applicable. You'll also have a chance to work with clients throughout UK, Europe and beyond. Hours
This is a permanent role. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility, please do discuss with us. Responsibilities
Taking a user-centric approach, you'll be responsible driving Deloitte Digital's user experience approach on client projects as well as across Deloitte, collaborating with amazing experts across disciplines to innovate and solve some of the most exciting problems for our clients. You will:
- Apply a design-led approach to solve client problems
- Collaborate with amazing digital experts across disciplines to innovate and solve some of the most exciting problems for our clients
- Create high quality UX deliverables which deliver on project outcomes, including:
- Creating user interface designs and interactive prototypes across mobile, tablet and desktop
- Developing wireframes and functional specifications
- Designing information architecture
- Assisting developing personas, scenarios and customer experience maps
- Understanding outputs from user and stakeholder research, synthesizing understanding of analysis and user insight to shape UX design concepts, deliverables and outcomes
- Designing & running workshops and co-creation sessions
- Reviewing existing systems and processes to identify UX issues and develop UX recommendations
- Assist in the scoping and planning UX projects, either as standalone or as part of a wider project under the review of the team lead, including selection of the most appropriate and up-to-date tools and techniques
- Contribute to on-going enhancements of the Deloitte Digital UX methodologies, always looking to improve your knowledge of UX and digital technology.
- Monitor and have knowledge of wider industry UX trends and relevant technology trends
Overall, you're an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer - that's important. And you know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We're looking for people who are natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
You'll be an ace at what you do, with a passion for digital, keen business instincts and an eye for emerging trends and behaviours.
You must have:
- 2+ years of UX design experience, either in business or consulting
- A passion for thinking innovatively and creating intuitive and easy to use interfaces that delight end users and that solve business problems
- A strong portfolio to demonstrate your UX design experience and abilities
- Strong understanding of and familiarity with the end to end UX design process, user-centred design and UX principles
- The ability to get your hands on with UX design and prototyping tools (i.e. Sketch, Axure or similar)
- Experience in developing rapid prototypes
- Familiarity with UX trends and methodologies
- Ability to effectively prioritise and plan workload to meet deadlines
- A desire to contribute to the broader success of the Experience Design team
- A good graduate degree (First or Upper Second) is a must, along with the right to live & work in the UK
- As part of secure nature this role, we require that you have lived in UK for last 3 years
You might as well have:
You are here: Deloitte Digital, Consulting
- A varied background in one or more areas such as strategy, user research, business analysis, visual design, creative or front-end development.
- Experience of successful client delivery and engagement
- Experience in designing, planning and facilitating user research
- Conducting customer research and facilitating usability testing
- Documenting user research findings and presenting concepts to senior client stakeholders
- Strong conceptual and information design skills
- Expertise in reviewing existing systems and processes to identify UX issues and develop UX recommendations
- Experience in designing, leading and facilitating workshops or co-creation sessions
Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital.
We're a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast.
Through our studios spread across the globe, we help our clients imagine, deliver and run the future, through from customer research right through to implementation. And we love doing it.
As part of our team, you'll work side by side with strategists, designers, researchers, engineers, writers, architects and product specialists - using your unique skills and perspective to help drive transformation from operational level to the C-suite, across a complete range of digital channels.
We believe in our people, which means giving them the support they need to get the best balance of work and life. Individuality, flexibility, diversity are things we're passionate about. We wouldn't be Deloitte Digital without it.
As part of our Consulting practice, your career with Deloitte Digital can take multiple paths. We will work closely with you on a career plan that fits your skills, talents and aspirations, and provide an open environment to discuss your development and progression with Deloitte. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Forecast and change the landscape of cyberspace, support clients to survive and prosper in this disruptive and ever increasingly digital age, while you support talented and more junior colleagues and impact the communities you operate within. What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families. How to apply
Send us your CV and portfolio: email@example.com
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176663