Finance Internship 2022 - 2023
CME Group enables clients to trade futures, options, cash and over the counter markets, optimize portfolios and analyse data â€" empowering market participants worldwide to efficiently manage risk and capture opportunities. Our collective vision is one of ongoing global growth, innovative product development, continually enhanced technology and the highest level of service available. We have demonstrated ongoing leadership in developing creative products, breakthrough trading technology and a superior business model through a continuing series of firsts. We know from first-hand experience that innovation can transform business, influence the direction of civilization and alter reality for the better. Our premises in Belfast opened in 2012 and we have grown considerably since. We currently have 267 employees and includes resources within Technology, Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Online Marketing & Clearing Operations teams and with plans to further expand this year. We continuously seek talented, innovative, motivated people to join our highly skilled team and to help us continue to raise the bar. We invest heavily in all of our staff through ongoing, targeted training to ensure everyoneâ€™s journey is that of continual, personal improvement. Role Profile
The Finance Intern will join our Belfast Accounting team which consists of 10 individuals who provide financial support to EMEA & APAC entities within CME Group.
The team completes the financial reporting, provides management with information and insight to drive business performance, whilst also maintaining a satisfactory control environment that is Sarbanes-Oxley compliant. We manage the monthly accounting close process (ensuring all financial transactions are recorded correctly, including calculating and posting accruals and prepayments); we produce management and board reports to business heads and statutory entity boards, including commentary on variances to budget and to prior periods; and we prepare and submit financial reports to the regulators. The team also manages local engagement with the EMEA & APAC external audit teams, ensuring that all accounts are audited, approved and submitted to Companies House in line with statutory reporting requirements.
We perform all Accounts Payable activities for EMEA, processing invoices and paying suppliers in line with our documented control procedures and subject to business approval. We also reconcile Clearing House accounts for client held funds in Chicago Clearing Houses, ensuring that all balances are appropriately and accurately recorded. Principle Accountabilities;
Candidate Criteria Essential
- Assist the Accounting team in the generation and posting of accounting journals in the core Accounting system.
- Support the Accounting team with the production of all reporting, including all Management, Regulatory and Statutory Accounts
- Run routine reports from the accounting system and assist in ad-hoc queries or requests for analysis
- Support all key activities associated with Accounts Payable to ensure the timely payment of CME vendors (such as organising and supporting workflow for processing, scanning and forwarding invoices for approval, answering queries from vendors, both e-mail and telephone)
- Assist in bank account and other key accounting reconciliations on a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Assist the team in various Finance projects as required
- Currently studying towards an Accountancy or Finance related Degree and available for a 1-year placement
- Proficient in the full Microsoft Suite of Applications (Excel, Word etc.)
- Previous experience of working within a team environment
- Previous experience of Financial Accounting Systems
Please note, Interviews will take place November / December
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.