Forensic Engineering - .NET Developer - Belfast
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 19
Forensic Engineering - .NET Developer - Belfast
Forensics Engineering, .NET Developer, Belfast
EY's Forensic Data Analytics (FDA) team is a global, data-focused unit within the Forensic and Integrity Services department. Our team supports clients in dealing with the complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes.
The FDA team practice the full life cycle of data analysis from the early stages of data discovery and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. Our engagements typically require working with large datasets from disparate sources to support investigations, disputes and proactive risk detection. Our projects primarily involve FTSE100 clients covering a wide range of industries e.g. Financial Services, Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, and Government. We work with our clients to develop bespoke and innovative solutions, and require software engineers to join our Engineering team to help build out these products, which are at the forefront of analytics being used daily in multinational corporations and governments to improve levels of trust, compliance and integrity.
What you will do:
- Responsible for development of solutions as established by Solution Development Lead and Product Management
- Responsible for detailed technical design at a solution level
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Estimate technical effort, work breakdown structure, risks and solutions at a solution level
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and libraries for future use
- Integrate data storage solutions
- Ensure adherence to methodologies, tools and KPIs
- Ability to maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers and stakeholders across own and other teams
- Provide input to application development/engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Be responsible for overseeing junior developers
- Anticipate problems before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; work with team to find solutions; select and implement most appropriate solution
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Ideal candidate should have strong academic qualifications with a degree in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent demonstrable work experience.
- Ability to work independently or within wider team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to stakeholders from different backgrounds :
- Full-stack demonstrable software development experience in C# with at least 3 years of services-based development experience. Azure experience ideally utilising the following components; App Services, Functions, Data Factory and Data bricks.
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- A solid understanding in various data stores including Elastic and Text Search databases.
- Sound working knowledge of patterns and practices for REST-based services.
- Familiarity with caching solutions (e.g. Redis)
- Familiar with API-level authorization federation (OpenID/OAuth).
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.