Fraud Modelling Manager
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom Belfast Northern Ireland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
See job description for details
Join us in Belfast or Edinburgh as a Manager within our Fraud team
- This is a challenging and exciting role focused on the fast-paced area of fraud prevention
- You'll manage analysts to ensure the delivery and maintenance of Fraud models in the front line of the fight against financial crime
- The work you do will directly benefit our customers and contribute to the bank's success
What you'll do
Fraud tactics and threats are constantly changing, and it's a continuing challenge to outwit criminals. You'll support the first line fraud analytics teams in our Personal & Business Banking function, working closely with stakeholders to respond appropriately to patterns and threats they identify, or in response to intelligence from other sources.
As part of the broader Risk Analytics & Models function, you'll have the opportunity to broaden your experience and share knowledge with teams building capital and operational models in a center of excellence for modelling.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with stakeholders to understand their requirements, developing model proposals to meet business needs and managing those through to delivery
- Producing clear and well presented documentation, analysis and actionable MI covering all aspects of model development and maintenance
- Contributing to model development methodology by using innovative and robust approaches
- Coaching and developing analysts
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need:
- Significant experience working in a modelling function, preferably with exposure to fraud or similar operational models in a retail banking environment
- A degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline, with extensive experience in statistical or mathematical modelling, data driven analysis and SAS, or analogous programming languages.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including an ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical colleagues across a range of levels
- Proven project management experience and the ability to work well as part of a team
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.