Head of Assurance
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom Belfast Northern Ireland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Join us as Head of Assurance in Dublin or Belfast
- Take on an influential role within our Compliance Risk team and help us ensure we have the right plans in place to protect our customers and fulfil our regulatory obligations
- You'll lead a team of risk professionals to deliver high quality conduct assurance reviews across Ulster Bank in accordance with our values and regulatory requirements
- You'll gain fantastic exposure across our business and collaborate with a range of executives, as we collectively work towards our ambition to be the number one bank for customer service, trust and advocacy
- It's a great opportunity to build a team and shape a robust, forward-looking risk culture at an exciting time of change and development in our industry
What you'll do
As Head of Assurance, you'll design and establish the second line of defence Assurance Plan for Ulster Bank. The purpose of this plan is to ensure all our business areas are compliant with existing RBS Conduct Risk policies, along with our external legislative and regulatory obligations, and ultimately that we're always acting with the customers' best interests in mind.
You'll be leading and developing a team of assurance specialists to deliver this plan through the execution of conduct assurance reviews. You'll be proactively identifying and managing conduct risks, and where issues are identified you'll adopt a holistic approach to address them, ensuring lessons are learned and solutions applied right across our business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading, developing and inspiring a specialist team
- Ensuring the Assurance Plan remains fit for purpose throughout the year taking account of internal and external influences and changes
- Owning and executing compliance monitoring reviews in line with the Assurance Plan and any other ad-hoc review requests
- Having oversight of any incidents and resolving issues by providing solution driven recommendations, which take business needs into account
- Building trusting and influential relationships with stakeholders including Ulster Bank ExCo members, RBS senior stakeholders, and external bodies
- Maintaining clear audit trails for all monitoring activity and maintaining an up-to-date compliance Assurance framework
- Building the expertise of your team and fostering a collaborative, supportive, forward looking and high performing team culture
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a talented leader with experience gained in a large financial services organisation. You'll need an understanding of compliance risk and knowledge of the local regulatory context in which Ulster Bank operates. Crucially, you'll also need excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence and, where necessary, give challenge at senior and executive levels.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- A record of delivering strong and sustained control and operational performance
- Experience of leading, inspiring, coaching and developing high performing teams
- Strong knowledge of risk management measures and controls and related regulatory issues
- A record of improving business performance and risk culture
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trusting relationships both internally, across RBS, and with external regulators
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus a 31% individually tailorable cash and benefit funding programme. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Ulster Bank, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulators, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and Fitness and Probity (F&P) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These may include a full credit check, a criminal record check (if based in the UK), residency and right to work checks.
There will be an ongoing requirement for the role holder to maintain fit, proper and sound standing to perform in the post.