Linux Application Support / DevOps / Systems Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME Group in Belfast are seeking an individual that is interested in working within a team that provides Enterprise level support for a variety of trading applications that are vital to our business and how it functions
Our Enterprise Technology Production Assurance Team (ETPA) support primarily in the areas of electronic trading applications across various customer-facing environments and technologies.
We are heavily involved in application deployment and configuration, and the improvement of CME Group standards across the environments
As an Application Support Engineer, you will be;
- Troubleshooting issues across several technologies, determining the root cause and working with colleagues on solutions and implementation; Verifying implementation and making adjustments as necessary, providing input into resolutions and documenting solutions.
- Bringing your expertise to continue to build our standards in areas such as deployments, working collaboratively within your team and across other technology groups
- Supporting existing customer facing platforms and interfaces with users to determine where improvements or enhancements are needed to better serve their needs
Qualities we are interested in:
- Knowledge of application deployment/configuration within a Linux platform
- Knowledge of Linux systems, distributed computing architecture (client server, intranet/internet), h/w platforms and resources (CPU, memory, virtualization, clustering)
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Bash, Perl, Python)
- Experience with Java to configure and troubleshoot applications
- Strong communication, troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced enterprise environment
- A passion to automate (Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins)
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience with DevOps tools such as BitBucket, Maven, Git