Operational Risk Analyst
Key Responsibilities: Global Regulatory Inventory Initiative
Other MCA Program management Tasks
- Manage and support the integration of the global regulatory inventory into the Citi risk and Control tool
- Manage and support the business and functions to connect local and global regulations to the underlying activities risks and controls within the assessment unit
- Support and coordinate SMP Owners to align regulations to the SMPs in order to cascade the information to underlying assessment units
- Lead the implementation of the global regulatory inventory initiative across the business and functions within a specified timeline
- Work in partnership with ICRM to achieve success in the implementation of the global regulatory initiative
- Provide system guidance on mapping of regulations to ARCMs
- Be an SME or point person with regards to the initiative as well as actively raise and proffer enhancement to the current model
Proactive Risk Management
- Key role in transitioning the GRC MCA program from implementation to Business As Usual (BAU) phase
- Deliver tasks and deliverables as part of MCA Program Management
- Provide oversight to the MCA governance process e.g. ORM Challenge / thematic reviews
- Lead role in identifying opportunities and developing enhancements to the Program Management process
- Support and serve as a point of contact for all key tools used in Citi Risk & Controls platform
- Implementation of Regulatory Inventory integration with Citi Risk & Controls Platform
- Data Quality Analysis on MCA Data and engagement with Business contacts including Architects, Assessment Unit/MGE Owners / Coordinators
- End to End process flow standardization
- Data Input and management of GRC MCA information
- Determine areas of tactical enhancements in operational risk management tools and techniques following strategic directions set by ORM Senior Management
- Suggest new and improve existing tools in the sphere of:
- Regulatory inventory initiative and mapping to ARCMs
- Recognizing and measuring operational risks
- Identifying significant unmitigated risk exposures, common significant risk topics
- Suggesting mitigating controls and activities
- Contribute to development of quantitative aspects of operational risk exposure measurement
- Collaborate with the Operational Risk teams and Global MCA team members in the design and development of global projects and initiatives
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on key MCA projects under development. Share expertise with seniors across the organization when implementing new or enhanced initiatives
- Coordination of technology enhancements and enhancements to the MCA Program
Analyze key operational risk and control data to identify:
- Gaps in existing implementation of MCA Program
- Top operational risks and significant unmitigated operational risk exposures
- Forward-looking significant emerging operational risks
- Factors within internal or external business environment which can serve as predictors or indicators of future potential areas of heightened operational risk
- Summarize and present analysis in concise, though-provoking and action driven manner. Prepare materials and present results of analysis to ORM and business senior management
The successful candidate will part of a Global team, which leads and manages initiatives with implications for the entire Firm. As such, the role entails top-level exposure across all of the Firm's businesses and Regions. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience of managing / working on complex projects, with variable stakeholders and within tight deadlines.
- Prior experience in Project Management is an advantage
- Confident and concise verbal communications skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate with senior management
- Relevant experience in risk identification, assessment, monitoring, and remediation will be an additional strength
- Banking/Operational Risk experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Risk and Control Self Assessments is an advantage.
- Analytical skills and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills; both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to analyze problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask with capacity to organize and prioritize workload within a complex environment with competing and subtle resource demands
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong MS office knowledge including Excel, Word and Power Point. SQL skills is an advantage
- Unwavering commitment to co-operative and collaborative working
- Ability to speak confidently and authoritatively on a range of subjects and influence opinion
- Strong ability to coordinate and facilitate work projects both on the ground and with remote units
- Strong Stakeholder and Senior management engagement skills
- Leadership skills and ability to take initiative
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that he/she is unafraid to interact with counterparts and seniors in an environment with extremely high exposure and expectations.
- The candidate should be able to work individually and collaboratively with other teammates with the goal of meeting team-wide and senior management expectations.
- The candidate should demonstrate the ability to pro-actively develop the role beyond the parameters set by direct instruction.
- The candidate should be able to work through tight deadlines and be able to respond quickly and with authority to crisis situations.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .