Security Software Engineer
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 16 Nov 18
Security Software Engineer
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
We are seeking a Security Engineer to perform application support and development activities for CME's Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) platform within the Global Information Security team. The ideal candidate will have proven technical skills with experience in automation and the desire to learn and grow within the Information Security/GRC discipline. Responsibilities include requirements gathering and analysis, high-level and detailed design, implementation, configuration, integration, testing, deployment, and post-deployment support.
- Support GRC platform & end users across the enterprise
- Implement GRC solutions in platform as designed by Sr. Engineers on the team
- Develop and support data feeds to/from other systems as requested
- Design and develop API integrations using REST and/or SOAP
- Follow CME standards for application development and change management
- Assist with the creation and execution of UAT test scripts to ensure that production issues are minimal after implementation of new enhancements, changes or upgrades
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience with system integration
- Solid understanding in relational database concepts
- SDLC knowledge and comfort working in a process-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in MS Excel and Visio
- Relevant business and technical experience in medium-to-large enterprise environments.
- Understanding of the GRC disciplines which could include audit, risk, policy, and compliance management, and with exposure to areas such as business continuity, operational risk, incident management, vendor risk, asset management, or security operations.
- C#, .NET, C++ or Java development skills
- Experience with Powershell scripting
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI
- Experience working with industry recognized frameworks such as ISO, COBIT, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, COSO, etc