Senior Regulatory Reporting QA Analyst
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 19
Senior Regulatory Reporting QA Analyst
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19010174
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Transaction Reporting Quality Assurance Team is part of EMEA Operations Regulatory Control, within the broader ICG O and T Control and Reporting department. The team performs reviews on front to back data to ensure completeness and accuracy, with primary coverage on Financial Conduct Authority Transaction Reporting. The team is responsible for the review of data submitted by the entities within the business across various streams and products. These include but are not limited to Global Markets, Private Banking, International Personal Banking and their supported products such as Equities, Fixed Income, Listed and OTC Derivatives. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to create and develop relationships with key stakeholders across the wider Business.
Role / Position Overview
The role is based in the Transaction Reporting Quality Assurance team, part of the ORC department. The Quality Assurance team performs periodic reviews of Transaction Reporting data submitted to regulatory authorities to ensure Citi complies with its regulatory reporting obligations.
- Review and analysis of multiple product flows and transaction data captured within internal systems to ensure compliance with the reporting requirements of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II)
- Investigation and prioritisation of issues arising from testing and escalation to management where appropriate.
- Identification of areas for improving existing regulatory reporting processes and controls.
- Identification of enhancements to the technology infrastructure, working in partnership with immediate management team, ORC, asset class stakeholders, Compliance, Middle Office and O and T to agree prioritisation.
- Leading and participating in deep dive/front to back regulatory reporting reviews or enhanced validation testing cycles.
- Supporting implementation of testing remit expansion and enhancement of the quality assurance framework.
- Support Change Management team with MIFID II and related business analysis.
- Participation in ad-hoc projects as required.
- Opportunity to gain holistic understanding of firms business streams and front to back flows.
- Develop a greater understanding of Regulatory requirements across various Citi businesses; and in particular Transaction Reporting regulations.
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and changing business environment and to build productive working relationships across the business and with our technology partners.
- Increase product and business knowledge through exposure to all areas of Capital Markets and Banking.
- Develop an understanding of Citigroup at a more strategic level.
- Opportunity to build effective working relationship with Middle Office and Operations, Technology, Compliance and the Business.
- GCSE, "A" Level standard or equivalent
- Strong numeric skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Industry exams e.g. FCA module exams or a full affiliate status
- The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in a financial services, technology or regulatory-related role
- Previous experience with system reconciliations and issue management/tracking would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of SQL would also be advantageous, although not essential.
- Ability to interpret issues raised by individual entities and summarise the key issues to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Proven experience developing creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to consistently deliver work of a high standard whilst under pressure.
- Team player who works well with colleagues of all levels in achieving value-added results.
- Ability to build productive working relationships across Operations, Compliance and the Business.
- Understand impact of external factors (e.g. regulatory changes) on departmental strategy.
- Ability to understand the front to back technology used for regulatory reporting.
- Self-starter, able to work on initiative and organise themselves well.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills which will be required for both internal and external business partners.
- Pro-active, likely to instigate change.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Able to build effective working relationships quickly and maintain them.
- Focused on providing a high standard of service to clients.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple complex deliverables concurrently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Resilient and tenacious.
- Strong analytical skills with the confidence to raise issues.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships.
- Service orientation, professionalism, proactive and strong client/business focus, and accountability.
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer