Service Design Lead, Cloud Managed Services, Consulting, Belfast
You have a fantastic opportunity to join our Cloud Engineering community based in the heart of Belfast City centre. Comprising of dynamic and passionate people, we collaborate and engage on different aspects of Cloud based projects.
Our talented teams have the chance to design, architect, support and maintain solutions for a variety of exciting and impactful projects. Working with the latest technologies and multiple cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services Innovation Partner of the Year 2019 UK & Ireland) we strive to constantly develop and advance our skills so we can provide the best experience and guidance for our clients.
We are proud to be a diverse and outgoing group and we are looking forward to welcoming imaginative and driven people to join us on this journey.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization. Your role
Your role will be to scope out and control the transition of technical solutions that Deloitte delivers into operations.
If you can design a great service design package, can understand a release plan and contribute to a continuous integration and continuous deployment driven through a Kanban board then we'd like to talk to you.
We are looking for a Service Transition Leader who is equally comfortable driving a waterfall project through a transition tracker as they are using an agile style scrum to marshal a deployment.
We work in partnership with some of the biggest clients in the world. We're not looking for people who can just fix stuff; we want you giving our clients elegant solutions to their complex problems. You'll work alongside a team of engineers with a diverse range of skillsets where your ideas are valued.
You may be asked to engage early and educate all parties involved in the project on the components and structures necessary for a successful Run. Dealing with ambiguity and an eye for detail you will guide the delivery team towards a successful transition. You could be asked to transition an existing solution, supported elsewhere and will therefore need to review the service architecture and work with our team to take it through Operational Acceptance Testing.
Your work, your choice
- You have a passion for technology and being familiar with cloud technologies like Azure and AWS would be an added bonus
- You will understand what it takes to deliver high quality support that aligns to the needs of our clients
- Attention to detail and the highest levels of customer service will come naturally to you
- An ability to identify key stakeholders and manage upwards
- You will want to understand the business narrative and what the success of the solution delivers to client
- You will capture and share best-practice knowledge
- You will be a problem solver and improve existing processes as well as provide support and advice for development teams
- You will be curious and want to develop your knowledge of all the current and future technologies we leverage
- You will be a strong communicator
- You will be a decision maker
- You will be based in our Belfast Lincoln Building office with the occasional requirement to travel to other Deloitte and client sites
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
This role is based in at our Lincoln Building office in Belfast with occasional travel to other Deloitte locations and client sites.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Your professional experience
To be considered for the role you will have:
Your service line: Consulting
- ISO20000 understanding
- ITIL awareness
- Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, GitHub, Jenkins or similar)
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 175849