UKI Advisory Strategy - Manager
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
Job Title: UKI Advisory Strategy - Manager Location: Belfast Salary Level: Competitive
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone's opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
We are now recruiting for our UK Advisory Strategy team which is growing rapidly. To support this growth and enable the next phase of our journey, we are looking to establish a new base in Belfast.
The UK Advisory Strategy team is focused on 3 main areas:
Margin Improvement and Optimisation
- Cost reduction
- Pricing and promotion driven strategies
- Operating model design
- New market entry
- Business and commercial footprint
- Digital disruption
- Innovation strategy
Your key responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing team within EY. You will be part of an integrated team, working hand in hand with our client facing colleagues. Although based out of the UK&I Innovation and Delivery Centre in Belfast, the role will be client focused and as such limited travel may be required.
Our projects require deep analytical capability, structured and innovative problem-solving, and the ability to generate insight from numbers to deliver high impact recommendations.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- You will work in an integrated fashion with our colleagues, supporting business development through developing company specific fact pacts and proposal documents
- You will actively develop external market knowledge and insight through research to provide competitive intelligence
- You will build sophisticated financial and organisational baselines of organisations to provide a robust basis for fact-based recommendations
- You will take ownership of and drive specific analysis of our clients businesses to identify opportunities
- You will build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong innovation, problem solving and structured thinking skills
- Ability to analyse complex challenges and deliver insightful, practical solutions
- Investigative mind-set and strong research skills, cutting through to less obvious impact and drivers
- Ability to write concisely and clearly, identifying what really matters and top line, without slipping into consultancy
- Ability to effectively manage a team
To qualify for the role you must have
- Background in or knowledge of for example trade, footprint, market access, regulatory compliance, macro-economics
- Understanding of economics and ability to/experience of quantifying impacts
- High degree of analytical capability including financial and excel driven analytical skills
- Experience of leading teams through challenging strategy projects or relevant transferable experience
- Experience managing engagements
Ideally, you'll also have
- At least five years within a blue chip consulting firm, industry or government organisation (strong track record in consulting is highly desirable)
- High degree of commercial acumen and familiarity with strategy frameworks
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.