- GBP40000.00 - GBP50000.00 per annum
- Bewbush, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Oct 18
Test Engineer - Python The successful candidate will have commercial experience of Python automation, worked on complex embedded products, has Networking (TCP/IP, Wifi etc) and Linux experience.
Test Engineer - Python
My client has an exciting opportunity to join their Software Tester team as a Test Engineer. My client specialise in providing avionics and information technology systems and services to governmental agencies and aircraft manufacturers. The successful candidate will have commercial experience of Python automation, worked on complex embedded products, has Networking (TCP/IP, Wifi etc) and Linux experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Derive test cases from requirements and technical documentation.
- Write, maintain and debug automated tests in Python.
- Setup and execute manual test cases.
- Troubleshoot issues, raise defect reports and perform root-cause analysis on failures.
- Design test fixtures and equipment.
- Drive continuous process improvement and be actively involved in identifying opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
- Maintain test rigs and environments.
- Work closely with the product and development teams.
- Experience of test automation using Python.
- Experience of testing wireless networks and communications systems (i.e. SATCOM).
- A strong understanding of testing and automation technologies.
- Experience of delivering and maintaining Linux installations.
- Sound knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Quick learner with strong technical capability and excellent communication skills.
- Use of defect tracking systems and version control systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience of testing embedded software products.
- Experience of Agile methodology, TDD, BDD and Continuous Integration.
- Experience using COTS test software and equipment (Spirent TestCenter, Ixia VeriWave, etc.).