The key work streams within the department include:
• Delivering professional pensions consulting advice on a wide range of corporate and Trustee pension issues.
• Undertaking work such as individual member calculations, scheme actuarial valuations, producing accounting disclosures and PPF Levy calculations
• Working on projects such as benefit change, scheme design, liability management, scheme de-risking/insurance
• Supporting the audit teams in understanding the actuarial aspects of financial statements.
Irrespective of the area you are working in you will be expected to involve the following:
• Producing technically excellent and consistently accurate calculations with clear audit trail.
• Producing high quality deliverables addressing key client issues.
• Managing own time effectively to consistently meet all deadlines.
• Regularly monitoring all aspects of risk compliance.
• Showing awareness of commercial issues and occasionally applies this to identify potential opportunities for clients.
• Looking for opportunities for direct external client contact.
Studying for the FIA qualification and making good progress
Experience and Skills
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
• Consistently able to work at high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach.
• Fully engaged and taking responsibility for own performance.
• Ability to lead and coach less experienced staff and work closely with colleagues in multi-disciplinary client service teams
• Seeks opportunities to develop internal KPMG network and knowledge of other areas of the business.