Assistant Director (Senior Manager) - Restructuring - Birmingham
In today's market, businesses face new and ever evolving disruption from innovation, market shifts, and changes in the capital environment. EY's leading Restructuring team delivers solutions at pace. Whether our clients are companies, government organisations, or financial stakeholders and whether they are on the brink of a crisis or seeking to build resilience in their business, we work closely alongside them to deliver the financial and organisational solutions that enable them to adapt and succeed. Providing leadership in difficult and complex situations, EY's Restructuring team rapidly solves, executes and ultimately transforms the outcome for our clients. Your Key Responsibilities
As a Restructuring Assistant Director, you'll manage the restructuring engagement by defining the engagement scope, in consultation with the Director / Partner, and executing it in compliance with our policies and protocols.
You will take responsibility for leading engagements, reporting to the engagement Partner or Director, project managing the rest of the team, coordinating deliverables from teams tasked to deal with discreet aspects of assignments, communicating issues to the Partner / Director and driving the project to completion with limited supervision from the Partner / Director.
You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and make sure that delivered client work is of high quality. As part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate.
As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop. Skills and Attributes for Success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or underperformance
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
- Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
- Ability to share technical and other knowledge with the team drawing on previous experience and current learning.
- Good project management skills, with the ability to manage more than one assignment at a time and yet still demonstrate quality and consistency of performance in every task
- Adapt well to change and have a flexible and positive approach
- Be able to build effective relationships at all levels
- Strong appreciation of risk management
Ideally, you'll also have
- Track record within a recognised Restructuring team for a minimum of 5 years and have been a manager for a minimum of 18 months or promoted to senior manager
- Experience of leading both independent business reviews and formal corporate insolvencies
- Professional accountancy qualification
- The ability to build strong internal relationships within Restructuring and across other services, and can actively participate in business development
- Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising distressed businesses and their stakeholders
What we look for
- JIEB qualification an advantage but not essential
- People development experience and can effectively supervise, coach and mentor staff
- Own network of contacts with work providers, or will understand how to build one
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful transaction team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly throughout a period a growth within Restructuring. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now. Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.