Audit senior manager
Job Description Summary:
Join us and you'll shape more than just your career. We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Who we are:
Grant Thornton is a leading Accounting and Advisory firm working with a large range of clients across the UK. We are a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. We have created our own unique culture, one that allows you to have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible structure, in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential.
Our Senior Managers are pivotal to client engagement and delivery. You will lead an exciting portfolio of diverse clients and provide them with exceptional client service. Job Description: What you'll be doing:
Who we're looking for:
- You'll lead an exciting portfolio of diverse clients, and provide them with an exceptional level of clarity and insight on complicated issues
- You'll take the lead on large, technically complex client engagements and act as a point of reference for technical knowledge
- You'll adhere to the firms risk management policies and procedures, including being familiar with and consulting the audit manual, to deliver high quality audits
- You'll be leading on audit reviews, agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists) and monitoring budgets
- You'll build and maintain strong client relationships, recognising the value of exceptional client service and ensuring you understand and manage the client's expectations effectively at all times
- You'll assist your senior colleagues when generating new business, from target stage to proposal and beyond
- You'll be keen to get involved in wider BD activity and build the brand across the region
- You'll be responsible for managing, motivating and coaching team members, providing regular feedback and supporting their development
- you'll be fully qualified (ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent) with the ability to lead external audits (minimum criteria)
- you'll have experience of leading complex audits and delegating workloads accordingly
- you'll ideally have previous experience of auditing mid-market clients
- you'll be comfortable using audit software and Microsoft packages
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs. Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we've been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.