This role is part of the Chief Control Office team within Finance for HSBC UK. The CCO team works closely with the Financial Reporting Risk team to ensure a robust control environment is in place. The CCO team in particular:
- is required to provide oversight and guidance, in collaboration with HSBC UK Operational Risk and Global Finance Senior Management, for a series of RCAs that capture all of the material Risks and Controls.
- is required to provide significant input for Inherent Risk, Control Effectiveness and Residual Risk Rationales in line with the Operational Risk and frameworks and any associated Non Financial Risk Embedding Measures.
- focuses on completion of the HSBC UK Integrated Plan which has NFRO, HCC and any other CCO led initiatives. The plan includes Global NFRO Global Finance Plans that have been submitted by Global Finance to the NFRO Programme.
It is important that as well as operating and monitoring the Risk and Control framework the role holder helps to manage control related MI, maintain appropriate governance in relation to the material risks owned by finance and develop a detailed understanding of the finance processes that they support, focusing on material risk and control issues as well as supporting the continued embedding of the Operational Risk Framework.
Overall Role Responsibilities:
The role holder will support the HSBC UK Senior Control Officer in carrying out activities that will include the following:
- Execution of Risk and Control Assessments (RCAs) including responsibility for any associated Configuration and Scoping activities to ensure Operational Risk Compliance.
- Perform new and existing activities in relation to the governance and oversight of Model Risk management within Finance.
- Tracking and ensuring completion of Continuous Monitoring Plans within HELIOS and assisting Controls Owners with technical queries.
- Support and advice to Risk and Control owners for any 1LOD related queries.
- Facilitation of the HSBC UK Risk and Control Management Meeting, including preparation of the final pack, presentation of the 1LOD materials, production of minutes and management of actions.
- Issues, actions and incident management including monitoring completion of Critical MSII’s as part of the HSBC UK Finance Monitoring Management Meeting.
- Ensuring Helios Data Quality including correcting illogical combinations and ensuring Control Owners continuously maintain HELIOS data.
- Reporting on SMR versus ORMF Alignment and ensuring there are no gaps for HSBC UK Finance.
- Conduct Risk Impact assessment and revision of RCAs based on information submitted for Internal Events.
- Reviewing and adding commentary for Risk and Control MI reporting for Accounting Risk and Tax Reporting Risk and Non-Financial Risk (including Information Security Risk)
- Involvement in Transformation projects related to Global Risk and Control led initiatives and being the HSBC UK Finance SME for all Risk and Control related queries.
- Non-Financial Risk (NFR) compliance co-ordination including involvement in any NRF Optimisation led initiatives.
- Documenting procedures for any new processes or new Management Information reporting implemented while in the role.
Key Experience / Skills:
Experience and skills that are required for this role are as follows:
- Risk and Control Framework within the finance sector
- Risk and Control MI reporting
- Strong organisational Skills
- Proven high quality spoken and written communication skills with the ability to draft reports and communicate
If you think you are up for the task and feel you meet the above criteria or interested to hear more information, please contact me on 0161 5035521 / Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org