Credit Risk Analytics Manager
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom Birmingham England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC UK
- 18 May 18 2018-05-18
We are currently looking for an experience Credit Risk Manager with experience with modelling and analytics to join the Retail Banking and Wealth Management Group Risk team in Birmingham.
- IFRS 9 is an accounting standard, implemented on 01/01/2018 that means that impairment forward-looking and based on an expected loss framework.
- This role will focus on IFRS9 methodology maintenance, development and defence for retail portfolios globally.
- The role covers IFRS 9 model methodology, associated processes and the implementation of the methodology in a globally consistent manner.
- The role should also have a good understanding of the IFRS 9 accounting rules pertaining to impairment allowance.
- The role needs to be comfortable to guide the model development team with technical details on methodology.
- The role will interact with various stakeholders in Group and Regions to ensure socialisation of methodology related topics in clear and concise manners to audiences with varying levels of modelling expertise.
- The role also covers the retail methodological approach to stress testing.
In this role, you will:
- Manage staff and/or external consultants in the design, development and/or implementation of statistical models to implement the IFRS9 accounting guidance.
- Manage credit risk management assignments and projects with resources from within the team as well as the wider time. Ensure effective, efficient and compliant results.
- Develop diagnostic method to quantify changes in reserve due to both external and internal changes to credit risk environment.
- Integration of enterprise wide stress testing or regulatory requirements into the IFRS9 financial model framework.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Proven track record in credit modelling/analytics and/or credit risk management experience, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services in a retail context.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, related field or equivalent experience;
- Strong management, interpersonal, organisational, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, project management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of segmentation, score card development, loss forecasting and provision modelling preferred
- Experience of stress testing preferred
- Exposure to GAAP/IFRS provision accounting standards is an added advantage
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Strong programming skills to include knowledge of statistical programs (i.e. SAS, SAP) and/or advanced database programs.
The job title per contract is Regulatory Analytics Methodology Manager.