Employment Tax Advisor - Total Reward - PAS
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom Birmingham England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Job Title: Employment Tax Advisor - Total Reward - PAS Location: Birmingham Salary Level: Competitive
Our People Advisory Services business (PAS) is focused on people management and our vision is to help our clients get it right - in all its facets - strategic reward, global mobility, HR transformation, legislative compliance and much more. PAS has three key pillars: Mobility, Reward, and Performance, Systems & Talent.
EY has a successful Human Capital department which is split into three core teams: Global Mobility, Total Reward (including Global Employment Tax, Executive Compensation and Reward and Stock and Mobility) and Human Resource Advisory.
The Total Reward team is looking grow and would like talented individuals with employment tax experience to join their team.
The Global Employment Tax team specialises in advising clients on UK PAYE, NIC and International Social Security related issues thereby assisting clients in terms of compliance with relevant legislation and in the design of policies which deliver benefits for the employee and manage the cost to the employer.
As part of the Global Employment Tax team you will have the opportunity to work on a wide client portfolio and have exposure to numerous technical issues through both advisory and compliance projects.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain key tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Advise clients on core PAYE and NIC issues linked to compliance needs as well as advising clients on one off projects such as salary sacrifice, company cars, STBVs, due diligences, disclosures, Construction Industry Scheme, employment status etc
- Keep clients up to date on key legislative changes and the impact this will have on their business
Skills and attributes for success
- Quick learner; able and willing to carry out a range of client and technical work
- Commercially aware with a general interest in business and finance
- A degree of flexibility to meet client /department needs and deadlines
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience of working in employment tax, dealing with compliance issues and providing technical advice
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- A strategic and commercial awareness of wide business issues
- An enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- The ability to be a strong and motivated team player
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Any of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.