Head of Personal & Business Banking Risk Oversight
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom Birmingham England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
See job description for details
Join us as Head of Personal & Business Banking (PBB) Risk Oversight in various UK locations
- This is an opportunity for a passionate senior leader to join our Risk function at an exciting time of change
- You'll be ensuring risk awareness is integrated into the way we all work and think, and you'll play a key role in interfacing with the PBB franchise, ensuring the franchise manages risk within appetite
- You'll be supporting the Risk function in their oversight of the NatWest and RBS legal entities
- You'll be joining a collaborative, open and creative team culture, where we view personal development and growth as key to achieving our vision
What you'll do
This is an exciting time to join a new department within Risk that is forming a key part of our Risk Transformation vision.
You'll be coordinating PBB's oversight risk strategy in collaboration with the Deputy Chief Risk Officer (CRO), ensuring that a full second line of defence capability is deployed within and for the franchise. This will involve supporting the Deputy CRO in providing expert advice, oversight and challenge to PBB in their management of risk. You'll have exposure to senior stakeholders across the PBB franchise and the Risk function as part of our strategic risk engagement with the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring PBB's strategy is executed within risk appetite, that a strong risk culture is maintained, and that a risk lens is applied to decision making
- Supporting and enabling regulatory compliance for PBB in their management of, and exposures to, risk
- Contributing to the definition and delivery of the risk and oversight strategy for the bank, supporting the Deputy CRO in acting as the key interface into PBB ExCo
- Partnering with the PBB ExCo, Risk ExCo and Deputy CRO to agree and deliver the full second line of defence capability into PBB
- In partnership with Strategic Risk Oversight, providing PBB with expert diagnostic analysis and decision support regarding risk matters and proactive risk insights to reinforce strategic decisions
- Ensuring PBB identifies and addresses risk considerations within their overall business model and undertaking robust remediation of known risks
You'll be joining a department where success is celebrated and challenges are faced in a supportive and productive manner.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a senior leader with strong stakeholder management skills and a proven track record of effectively influencing and challenging senior and executive level stakeholders. You'll be able to communicate and influence at strategic levels both internally and externally.
You'll also need:
- Strong understanding of relevant legal policies, risk issues and regulatory compliance and framework in retail banking
- Knowledge of Risk theories, models and practices across personal banking, and experience of applying these
- Excellent networking and collaboration skills, across boundaries in and outside of the bank
- The ability to adapt to the pace of change in the bank and externally by using innovation to generate and drive new ideas and ways of working
- Knowledge of financial institutions business strategy, markets and products
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".