Insurance Advisory Manager
- Not Specified
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom Birmingham England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Randstad Sourceright
- 23 Jul 18 2018-07-23
Insurance Accounting Advisory Manager Position type: 3 months contract, full time Location: Birmingham Salary: £ 450-700/day (DOE) Start date: ASAP A well-known, multinational consultancy company is currently looking for an experienced Insurance Accounting Advisory – Manager to join their teams in Birmingham. Insurance is a
Insurance Accounting Advisory Manager
Position type: 3 months contract, full time
Salary: £ 450-700/day (DOE)
Start date: ASAP
A well-known, multinational consultancy company is currently looking for an experienced Insurance Accounting Advisory – Manager to join their teams in Birmingham.
Insurance is a fast growing business within a unique assurance division offering a broad range of services, tailored to assist Insurers grow and overcome the complex challenges they face. Our client base varies – Global multinationals, through to private equity backed businesses and start-ups.
You will gain experience across a wide variety of markets and industry sectors including life insurance, retail GI and Property and Casualty insurance.
As part of the assurance team you will work primarily on accounting change engagements with the insurance sector that is experiencing unprecedented change through the impact of IFRS17, the new accounting standard for measuring insurance contracts. This provides an excellent opportunity for strong candidates to broaden their experience and rapidly progress within our firm.
You will have strong knowledge of either non-life or life insurance accounting and be a good all round team player with a proven track record in building and sustaining client relationships. You should be ACA qualified (or equivalent), and have experience of managing finance change programmes or assisting clients with accounting advice and be used to working to tight deadlines and handling pressure.
You’ll be responsible for winning and delivering accounting change programmes ensuring the high quality of our advice and support to our clients. You will also lead and coach your team members, and manage relationships with senior level clients. More broadly, you will also contribute to the running of our business unit, including business and people development.
Key skills and experience:
- ACA or equivalent
- Focussed and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- Experience of working with clients in either the FS or more specifically Insurance industries
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Proven ability in leading audit engagements, including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments
- Strong analytical and organisational abilities
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Experience of supervising and developing staff through coaching
- Strong project management
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and/or US GAAP would be an advantage
- Strong team-working skills
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques