Quantitative Model Risk Analyst
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
See job description for details
We're looking for a Quantitative Model Risk Analyst to join us in Edinburgh or Birmingham
- This is an opportunity to join our Model Risk Management team, which works on the independent review and validation of models across the entire bank
- You'll be reviewing and validating models in the area of Traded Risk and Economic Capital, ensuring they're fit for purpose
- There's a high degree of collaboration across projects, so you'll have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of model review initiatives
- You can also take advantage of our flexible working options for this role
What you'll do
You'll be reviewing and validating your assigned models, primarily Traded Risk and Economic Capital, but also in other areas as required, and make sure they're fit for purpose.
You'll make sure models are appropriate for their intended purpose and that significant model risks are identified and communicated to senior management and model end-users. You'll also oversee model assurance activities performed by the Model Development teams.
Day-to-day, you'll also be:
- Challenging existing models and their uses where necessary and developing alternative models as appropriate
- Basing your conclusions on rigorous quantitative analysis
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, as well as regulators and external and Internal Audit
- Communicating the findings of your model reviews, in formal written reports and verbally, in a way that is suitable for a variety of audiences
- Participating in training programmes through internal seminars, workshops and online courses
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a postgraduate degree in a highly-quantitative subject, such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or Quantitative Finance. You'll have a strong combination of problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to simplify complex concepts to make sure senior management understand key model risk related issues.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Expertise in statistical modelling and analysis, gained through previous business experience in banking or other financial institutions, or through applied academic research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative when required to deliver multiple projects to demanding deadlines
Programming skills would be an advantage.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Location: Edinburgh or Birmingham
Closing Date: 15/12/17