Software Engineering Manager - Remote OR Birmingham-based
Are you a strong supportive leader who loves encouraging, developing and helping your team achieve? If so, this could be your next exciting role. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced company which has featured in 'The Times Top 100 Companies to Work For' list for 6 years running.
Looking to expand and grow, this business travel company manages an all-in-one platform for clients' travel bookings and they love experimenting with new tech and tools. Hosted on AWS, the platform is built as a microservice architecture exposing RESTful APIs. Some are built in Java, but recently they have been implementing serverless microservices built in Node.js on AWS Lambda.
With experience of line management - including those who work remotely - you will lead your agile, multidisciplinary team to continuously drive improvement, supporting them as they work on the platform software. Requirements
- Experience of managing people, particularly of managing remote workers
- Working experience of web-based, API-based or full-stack web software development - Node.js, or other AWS serverless-friendly technologies, such as Lambda and DynamoDB
- An exceptional communicator, you are skilled in learning from experience and adapting your approach
- Demonstrable experience of people development is a bonus
- Option to work fully remote (within UK) or from central Birmingham HQ
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package, including large discounts on hotel, air and train fares, lunch with senior leadership, opportunity to donate 1% of working time to the community, regular socials and online games
If you think you are a suitable candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: Cajovi Daniel